Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

she went to rest after all them yrs

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by WENDY517, Jun 7, 2010.

1. WENDY517

WENDY517 PetForums Member

my little zebra finch died today, she was born in april 1996 and had made it all through the years along with her brother.
    she was pure white we call her snow baby because she had a red beak but her brother was a male an origanal zebra finch,
    they were very close, .
    I had them from 2 wks old they could barely stand up, they slept in a little plastic container filled with soft nesting materiel.
    her mate is lost with out her, that all i hear every morning there little trumpet sound they used to make, but i dont know there was a storm, she was,nt very well, she had a stroke down herside i believe with age, and now her mate looks shabby and very old, i think that they may be together soon at rainbow bridge,
    fly free little one
    thanks for the yrs you gave us you were so beautiful and unique.
    we will miss her dearly,

Attached Files:

#1 WENDY517, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

How sad.... RIP Snowy Baby.. xxx

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Wendy i am so sorry for your loss. R.I.P Snow baby and fly free at rainbow bridge xx

4. WENDY517

well i suppose now that after loosing snowbaby that her mate will get older now fast and the time will creep up on him, well its not very nice to say when they have been together all them yrs, mostly and naturally the hen dies before its mate if it had been bred, but in this case its the other way round,
    I couldnt get another because it would,nt be fair to him as he will get bossed around being old, he still cleans himself proudly, but i can tell hes missing her hes still looking arround for her. hes an old soldier and hell live out his precious days he has left ,
    sadly missing his mate snowbaby,
    rip snowbabe

5. danniehowens

danniehowens PetForums Junior

Sorry to hear about snowy, i feel sorry for her little friend its so hard to see them when they have lost there partner, our dog stella is still feeling lonely and though were trying to find a pup its sad to see her sometimes.

6. WENDY517

every animal needs its mate they have this specially bond together, they know when ones missing, they were meant to be together and soon will surely follow
    yours wendy517
    i hope stella fines her mate to make her precious yr she have left

#6 WENDY517, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice