UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inspired by that waxing thread, I thought it would be fun to hear of shaving/waxing problems, either downright disatstrous, eye watering or just plain painful:D So who's messed up here?!:eek:

I once tried to use those buffing sheets on my underarms.. was like rubbing sandpaper on them!:yikes::yikes::yikes: I was walking like a gorilla as I couldn't put my arms down properly for days:eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I can remember standing watching my Father shaving, after he went to work I had a try. No eyebrows for weeks. I thought I looked so cool. I was only about 4... I loved the feeling when they were growing back I kept rubbing them. Mini hedgehogs ;)

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Well I did try those cold wax strips at home myself.

Well I tried one cold wax strip.....

Followed all the instructions, ripped it off and ended up with a lovely bright red shiny rectangle of skin on my calf, which showed up all the hairs that remained after the top layers of skin were removed.....

There were about 3 hairs on the used wax strip - now I stick to razors :D

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Had a "professional" hot wax before a holiday so I didn't have to take a razor. Took some of my skin off :(

I have to say though, having your shins waxed is way more painful than lady parts :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
not waxing but plucking... my friend decided to pluck his eyebrows when we were in high school... the next day he came in with no eyebrows, people asked him what happened and he said once he started he couldn't get them equal, so had kept plucking until there was no going back.

waxing... my sister asked me to wax her underarms and we only had massive cold wax strips... got all the wax off the strip onto her udnerarm, lots of screaming and no hair loss.

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Had a "professional" hot wax before a holiday so I didn't have to take a razor. Took some of my skin off :(

I have to say though, having your shins waxed is way more painful than lady parts :eek: :confused:
Totally agree - I was waxed for a holiday once, full leg, bikini and underarm - the shins were definitely the most painful :eek:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
1 word VEET! I had burns and seeping skin everywhere from that stuff :( Never again
OMG how could I forget about this. I should have done the test patch!!

Cue me lying on the bed legs spread holding onto something extremely cold for 20 mins :lol: :eek:

I stick to razors now!!

I also seem to catch my fingernail with the razor annoyingly often :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
When you have a bikini wax.... do you have to like, get your..... "lady bits" out :eek:

I have tried waxing my legs with cold wax strips a few times - each time it turned my legs BRIGHT red and blotchy for about 3 days. It did say on the box that there may be some redness for a short while after, but i'm sure they didn't mean 3 days :eek: so now I just stick with a normal razor :)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
When you have a bikini wax.... do you have to like, get your..... "lady bits" out :eek:

I have tried waxing my legs with cold wax strips a few times - each time it turned my legs BRIGHT red and blotchy for about 3 days. It did say on the box that there may be some redness for a short while after, but i'm sure they didn't mean 3 days :eek: so now I just stick with a normal razor :)
Depends on what you get done. If you just want bikini line removed then no you will just hold your knickers to the side.
If you want hollywood (all off)/brazillian (landing strip) then you can either move your knickers to the side, or if you're comfortable it's easier just to have them off lol.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
OMG how could I forget about this. I should have done the test patch!!

Cue me lying on the bed legs spread holding onto something extremely cold for 20 mins :lol: :eek:

I stick to razors now!!

I also seem to catch my fingernail with the razor annoyingly often :rolleyes:
:lol: :laugh:
I'm always catching my fingernails too, dunno how though.

I think we should all move to france, I hear they like hairy women over there :drool:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
:lol: :laugh:
I'm always catching my fingernails too, dunno how though.

I think we should all move to france, I hear they like hairy women over there :drool:
Lol I do it for me, I literally can't stand having hair down there :confused:

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
I cant even imagine having a 'hollywood' (they take every single bit of hair down there, you have to get on your knees for some of it!! :yikes: ) - I've only ever had a bikini wax at a salon and my knickers stayed on!

It was bad enough when she moved my knickers to one side and told me to put a hand here, and a hand here (while patting where said hands should be!) and then told to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the skin..... :blush:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not waxing but plucking... my friend decided to pluck his eyebrows when we were in high school... the next day he came in with no eyebrows, people asked him what happened and he said once he started he couldn't get them equal, so had kept plucking until there was no going back.

waxing... my sister asked me to wax her underarms and we only had massive cold wax strips... got all the wax off the strip onto her udnerarm, lots of screaming and no hair loss.
Lol knew this would be a good thread!:D

That's reminded me, a girl in my school came in class one day having decided the night before it would be a good idea to shave her eyebrows off completely!:eek: She looked so strange,her face was really smooth like an egg, and her forehead looked huge like an alien :lol: it took weeks for it to grow back properly!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
1 word VEET! I had burns and seeping skin everywhere from that stuff :( Never again
I used veet sensitive, designed for bikini lines. I ended up bleeding with blisters. It hurt so bad I cried for about 3hours I couldn't walk for about 4 days without strong painkillers. I now have purple scars. Tmi, but that's my horror story. Never ever use hair removal cream.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
A friend of mine was well known for loooooong telephone conversations. She applied wax for a diy bikini line. The phone went so she shot off to answer it, sat down and crossed her legs, for quite some time......

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I cant even imagine having a 'hollywood' (they take every single bit of hair down there, you have to get on your knees for some of it!! :yikes: ) - I've only ever had a bikini wax at a salon and my knickers stayed on!

It was bad enough when she moved my knickers to one side and told me to put a hand here, and a hand here (while patting where said hands should be!) and then told to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the skin..... :blush:
Now this is why i could never go to a salon.

I gotta admit, i do have bikini waxes, but ..........

I get OH to do the awful part :blush2::blush2::blush2::blush:

At least they realise the pain then - and of course the guilt trip after can work out to your benefit !!! Just think, getting that new cat couldnt have been easier :lol:

WARNING - never ever use Boots own wax strips, these did bring tears to my eyes, for me Veet works and does the job with a bit of minor discomfort!

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I'd rather use hair removal cream - already use Nair for my face and will be using it this week for my bikini bits so I'm not sprouting hairs from my swimming costume.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pmsl at this thread! I tried those creams and not only do they smell awful, they give me big red itchy blobs:eek: so I daren't use them! I did try some small wax strips once on my underarms - I swore like a sailor,could barley move my arms and most of the hair was still there!:mad: So I tried to shave the rest off without getting rid of the wax first. My underarms felt like they were on fire for 3 days:yikes: I stick to the razor now,much safer!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.