Sharpei pup

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Alibo, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Alibo

Alibo PetForums Newbie

My pup has has his 1st injections he doesnt loom well hes sleeping alot and not himself is this normal?

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Pups sometimes can be a little 'off' after their vaccination.

So long as he isn't vomiting and is breathing normally, I would let him sleep it off.

If he begins showing any worrying symptoms, contact your Vet.

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  3. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

The vets can be quite stressful in general, plus lots of new sights, smells, sounds, meeting new people and seeing dogs etc, it can be quite a tiring experience for a young puppy. Plus suddenly making the immune system kick into quick action due to the vaccs I'm not surprised pup is tired!
    Give him a day to recover, make sure he's drinking but if you're worried give the vets a ring and see what they say.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

The same advice you've slready been given.

Having had two Shar-Pei puppies I can tell you that they tend to sleep more than a lot of other breeds. Pei are couch potatoes and enjoy their creature comforts. Don't be surprised as well if your pup hates the rain as it's quite a common trait amongst the breed.

Good luck and enjoy!

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

When did he have the injections? Its not unusual for some pups to seem a little off colour for the 24 hours or so after having them, however if it has been longer then this, the symptoms seem persistent or especially if getting worse, it may be worth contacting your vet. for advice.

Magyarmum likes this.