Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

sharing litter tray and food..?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jes4789, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jes4789

jes4789 PetForums Newbie

At the moment both my kittens are sharing the litter tray and the food and water bowl. was just wondering whether its ok for them to be sharing or whether they should have their own?

thanks.

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

There isn't any harm in them sharing, although you should probably have two litter trays and two food bowls anyway.

3. rottiesloveragdolls

i dont think it matters if they are siblings as they would be used to sharing anyway, but would be more hygenic to get 2 lots of litter and bowls as they get older :)

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

To be honest when I've had kittens I always let them share the litter tray (as they do anyway!), it's only when they get older that I have got 2 purely because they tend to stay a little cleaner!

5. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

We've often found that the kittens like to do a No.1 in one tray and a NO.2 in the other and they all seem to use the same tray for the same action which is weird :D

6. Scoob

Scoob PetForums Member

I have 2 non related cats with 2 litter trays and 2 feeding bowls and they share everything! Its become routine now that they go to their own bowls when the food is put down and then a couple of seconds later swap over....for no apparent reason, they're fed the same!!! As for the litter trays, we have one upstairs and one downstairs and its not unheard of for one cat to sit and wait for the other to finish so they can use the tray....they really are quite entertaining creatures at times!!!!

7. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

Mine are not related and all shared a litter tray (they go outside now) and we have 4 bowls in a line...they eat out whichever one they want!

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

As they get older & bigger Im thinking they would prefer there own bowls & loos! maybe leave them next to eachother anyway?

Unless they are fighting or one is pooping out side the box, then I dont think you need to worry just yet!

I have 3 litter trays for 3 cats as 2 of them go outside :)
    they all have bowls each :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice