Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shareing And Careing

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Esined, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

Two of my cats had kittens two weeks apart,
    Willow my blue tortie had a litter of 5 kittens,
    Pipper my seal tortie only had 1 kitten,
    They both had their nests in the same room, happy and content they both were and very proud of themselfs.
    After a week I came down in the morning, only to find Pippers nest empty.
    She had moved herself and her kitten in with Willow,

They all lived happy ever after.

Dont worry about the cage it has no door, just easier and bigger than a box when it comes to temp control,:)

Attached Files:

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

how sweet they all are
    and very trusting they all move into same pen

3. Ohhhh....love this kind of pictures! Arent they sweet?

4. silknsox

silknsox PetForums Newbie

Congratulations to both mummy & your Queens of course. It's really nice when things go well. It seems that both of them were happy to share kitten duty by the sound of things. I've got 5 kittens too. We got 2 females & 3 males. Mine are a bit older than yours I think.

I think my biggest worry with having a litter @ this time of year, is people buying our kittens as gifts for Xmas. In view of this, I decided to advertise ours before they were born, just to make sure that doesn't happen us, or the kittens either. I don't think I could bare the thought of it to be honest!?

This way, we get to know the new kitten slaves & they get to know us well enough to ask anything they want to know because they feel @ ease with us by the time the kittens made an appearance. We shall miss them- We always do.....
    Well done to you all,
    Silknsox

5. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

I have never had a christmas litter to date so havent had that worry. Anyway forgive my ignorance but if a kitten is for a christmas pressy and the new owner comes and picks the kitty (or in our case kitty picks owner) then whats the difference between christmas pressys to Birthday pressys which happens all year round, surely aslong as thats what the new owner wants and its not a surprise pressy. Because of the cost of a Raggie Iam sure a lot of people find it easier to justify and put their own claim to it in a family group if it is a pressy ???? Just asking so please dont bite my head off if I have missed the real reason as to why- if you take the same care with all your new Raggie owners in checking out homes and people is this a problem:)

6. may

may PetForums VIP

Isn't it lovely when two Queens share :D
    I have two girl that did the same thing but the age differance was 3 weeks:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

7. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

All great pic's

It just shows the great bond they have.

8. I had two girls sharing the same room.
    When kittens was less than a week old One of girls was constantly trying to steal a very beautiful kitten from another - it was the only silver in two litters!
    But as soon as babies began those wobbly walks around - they didnt care who's mom is who; and moms didnt mind to feed any of them either.

Attached Files:

9. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Its so nice to see cats getting along so well that they will share like that!

10. Yep - makes my heart melt...

11. They are, arent they...Every kitten buyer asks weather it is hard to let them go to a new home. I'm just trying not to think about this sort of things.

12. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

lovely pics Elena

13. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

They're gorgeous

14. Thanks, Denise! I looked at your website too - brilliant pictures. I signed a guest book but it didnt appear anywhere.

15. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

awww what lovely photos :)

16. silknsox

There reason I dread Xmas litters is not particularly because the kitten might be a gift. My problem Lie's with the fact that I have no idea whether the person the kitten is intended for, actually even wants a kitten. I suppose my point is that I like to know to whom my kittens are going to, & to be reassured that the person receiving the kitten actually knows how to care for them, & won't resent the kitten, rather than love it. As you say, it isn't the gift, it's the person receiving the gift that worries me.

My mother in law was given a dog for Xmas last year. Her husband had died a few months prior, & both daughters thought it was a wonderful idea to get her some company. In actual fact, she just felt she couldn't say, "actually, that is the last thing I want." Instead, she took the dog home & tried to care for him. Baring in mind that she is nearly 80, you will understand why one day when she let the dog out in the garden to do his business- He simply disappeared. He ran off somewhere. She rang Wood Green, our nearest animal shelter, & her son(my partner) rang the RSPCA. The dog was found, & @ a cost of £60, he brought it back to her again. The second time he did it, she paid another £60.. but by the 3rd time she was pretty fed up about it all, but Paid yet another £60!! By the 4th time, she rang wood green & told them that she really didn't want the dog. It was dumped on her, & she resented it because of that.

I guess my point is, sometimes well intentioned people do things like buy gifts of animals, but you can never be certain that the kitten will have a good home where it will be a much loved pet. If the person receiving the kitten comes to choose the kitten, then it is a different matter altogether.

17. silknsox

How wonderful.. they both look so contented too :eek:)

18. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

Hi silknsox, that is a very sad story and I totally agree with you, I would never let any one take a kitten under those terms as Iam sure you or any responsable breeder would. The hardest part of breeding is vetting new homes.

19. If any of my buyers admit that kitten will be a present, I am asking weather person knows about such as present coming - or weather it going to be a surprise. In any way I am trying to speak to that person myself - to whom gift goes - and to find out more about future of little one.

20. colette85

colette85 PetForums Member

i know this topic is old but how adorable this story n photos are :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice