Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Share your rescue cat stories!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Matrix/Logan, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Who has a rescue cat??

My ragdoll persian is a rescue, she was found in a caravan with loads of other moggies, she had flu and had recently had a litter but they were no longer there(she just had the signs of recently feeding kittens). The vets believe she was around 8 months old although we can never be sure. My other half acquired her for me through a friend who worked at my old practice, he got her for me as a surprise on valentines day so that is when we tell her her birthday is!! She was terrified for the first few weeks and would only eat prawns which she still loves and was mad about crisps(we never give her them but i wonder if that is what she was fed on before!:eek:ut:). She now has a moggy friend called Buttons and lives a very free and happy life! :):DThey had named her Gizmo when we had her as the nurses said she looked like Gizmo from the gremlins!! I named her Tizzie,well i actually call her 'Lily-rose' LOL (isn't it funny how we change their names?!?!...... Mmmm i feel another thread coming on!!;):wink5:)

Well any way just wanted to share her forever happily ever after story! Anyone else with a happy ending cat story??

Attached Files:

#1 Matrix/Logan, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
    CatzEyes likes this.
  2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I do Damien. He was presumably imported or they found a dodgy vet because he's declawed and then was abandoned before he was a year old. Now he's more than happy with us.

3. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Love the name, i always said as a child when i grow up and have a son i would call him Damien!! I didn't i have to say but still love the name!!;) :wink5:

4. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

we've currently got 2, we've had 4 altogether.

Bubs (current) is a tabby-siamese, she was left by her owner at our fav animal shelter and they were told he was coming back forher when he'd moved house him and his girlfriend had split up... she's now ours and very happy, though she was quite chilled when we met her so obviously not abuse.

Neeps, was found and taken to the shelter. she's insane and although the shelter said she was around 2 when we got her a year ago we don't think she's that young she's faar to big.

Oscar, was a poor soul, how anyone could have treated him so badly i don't know. he was left abandoned with no food or water for so long he looked like he belonged in a concentration camp and very nearly died. He has problems knowing when he's about to wee or poo and doesn't always remember waht the litter tray looks like, he just wants to be loved by humans and so mieows to be let out when locked in the kitchen.. he was unfortuately too damaged both brain and body functional wise for us to keep him. we had to give him back. We just couldn't devote the time he needed to get back on the mend and back to normalacy, we work he needed attention much more than we could give him. He should be much happier now with however he's been placed with as i wrote a 5 or 6 page 'about oscar' for the new owners so that they wouldn't have to find things out, they'd already know what he needed :D i love oosc and miss him lots but we know we did the right thing.

Boog.. what can i say about her.. she was our first cat together and she was amazing. She was abused by the mum and son of the family that owned her, the mum must have kicked her as she was scared of my feet but not my oh's, she took MONTHS almost 6 months to really really settle down.. she had constant colds but was a lovely lappy cat .. she was a great hunter and it wasn't until it was too late that we found out that her colds were actually a malignant nasal granuloma which eventually got so large that it made her look like she'd gone 10 rounds with tyson, her face was disfigured, her eyes were being pushed to the outside of their sockets and her delicate nasal canals destroyed by the tumour, she very rarely complained and just liked sleeping on us (despite her snotting all over us we let her), she accepted bubs as her companion (who was not quite herself when boog never came back) she was put down days before it entered her brain. She was the BEST cat ever and we miss her all the time.

We hope one day to find another cat like boog, until then we're happy to put up with the 'dregs' that no one else can deal with :D

5. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

I have been bringing in poor homeless kitties ever sense I was a little girl, despite being allergic to them which tells you how much I love the little fur balls. My Oreo was not a stray but she was severly neglected. She first came into our lives 8 years ago. She use to live a few trailors down from us with people who had 3 puppies, rabbits and other cats. She would wonder over to our yard with one of the pups which I believe were black labs. She would come over for attention and food. So we started feeding her. The first time we did she ate a whole can of cat food like she hadn't eaten in days. She was only about 6 months old. It was terribly sad to see how hungry she was. After that she would come to us every day for food so we continued to feed her. One night in the dead of winter during a snow storm I happen to look out the back door and saw her lying there on the back porch so I let her in. She was extremely sick with a bad cold. It took us 2 weeks to nurse her back to health and after that we decided to keep her. She also decided to keep us. Her owners never came looking for her which tells you how much attention she actually got from them.

6. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

He's black with green eyes so total demon cat lol. Thats why we called him Damien.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice