Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Shakey clutch

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 23, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I have a question for anyone who is mechanically minded ;)

Right, i went out yesterday in the car and noticed that when i lift the clutch to pull off it shakes and makes the car jump slightly...to be fair i didnt take much notice because i was driving in flip flops and never drove in them before so put it down to different shoes.
    We went out today and it was happening again but it alse shook the car when oh put it in reverse, it didnt seem to happen too much on the way back tho.

Well my question is, is the clutch on the way out? lol It gets the bite and when the hand break is on and at biting point the car pulls forward etc.

Im just anxious about something else going wrong with the car :cryin::cryin:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

sorry dont know much about cars, but I thought your thread said Shaky Crutch lol one of our members is good with cars, jon bda he will be able to tell you.

3. jon bda

jon bda Guest

What car is it?
    :)

4. harley bear

Oh hun you do make me laugh :D Has all the heat gone to your head and given you a filthy mind?

Oh wait forget that, ive seen your threads on adult chat ;) so cant be the sun :nono::tongue_smilie:

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

Mechanic to the rescue :D

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

Think I was born with a filthy mind ;):D

7. harley bear

Oh hello!

Its a citroen picasso 02 plate (aka pile of scrap)

8. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Petrol/diesel???
    :)

9. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

could be oil on the plate, thrust bearing sticking, diaphragm springs weak, if it has a Hydraulic clutch air in the system

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

Sounds like a discription of my body, especially the thrust bearing sticking...was having probs with that last night :eek:

11. harley bear

Sorry for the slow reply my pc is going slower than a snail atm

Ita a petrol car

CanIgoHome .... that sounds expensive:( to repair

12. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

ITs called a Clutch judder (my hubby is a mechanic) my car did it we replaced the Clutch. if that doesn't work it could be the clutch cable or the clutch gears.

its where the gears prongs start to wear away adn they jump. or the prongs on the clutch pedal

You can keep driving it and live with the judder we did for 6 months then as it got worse we replaced. As i am lucky i just have to pay for parts and hubby fits it all.

edit of course if its not a hydrolic clutch! lol
    Good luck x

#12 candysmum, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  13. harley bear

Thanks hun... im having a service the week after next to i will get it looked at them but if i can drive it and its safe it will have to be left for a couple of months :)

14. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

all I can say is start with the cheap job first and see what happens

15. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

yeah we drove ours for 6 months with it. when it got worse we replaced the clutch which did the trick. Thank god becasue the gears is expensive! lol we have a MPV so that little clutch has a BIG job to do.

Always get someone to check it but it sounds like ours.

Hubby wil not let me drive my car until he has took it to work and ramped it to make sure its safe first. My breaks start sqealing the other week and he refused to let me drive it for 2 weeks LUCKY it was just a case of noisy breaks lol Why we dont know but they not worn or anything its rather noisey when i stop though! lol

16. harley bear

I cant have it looked at until the week after next its a bloody nightmare! I have had no luck with cars at all! I have had 4 cars in 2 years! I could honestly cry because i havent had this car 6 months and the engine has elready nearly fallen out why i was driving and that was a big job aswell :cryin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice