UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone use sun shades in their cars when transporting their dogs??

I mean the ones you get for babies........

good idea??

I'm just worried that Koda will get too hot if the sun is shining on him.

G

·
That's a good idea, especially as it's supposed to be horrendously hot over the next few days.
I try not to put my boy in the car when it's this hot but sometimes it can't be avoided

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Never used them myself, I use the air con, never leave my dogs in the car tho if stationary.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've never used them to be honest as we have always bought a car with the rear windows tinted and also use the air con, though I don't like using it as it gives me a headache:(

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
If your dog travels in the back it is a good idea. They can get overheated with the sun shining on them. My dog travels in the front (the back is full of lawnmowers and pointy tools) so I can't use them without impairing my view of other road users.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes I use them, even though the glass is tinted and they are in canvas/mesh crates that also help keep the sun off. Today there was a sunny spell just as I was following a funeral entourage - so no wind coming in. If the sun hadn't been filtered I'd have had problems.

You can buy plain ones, non-baby orientated (mine were from the pound shop!) and Halfords sell ones with paw prints on

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Ooooo....I could get his photo on some.....!
I think those ones are good VFM, you get two for that price!

I'd be worried that I might be advertising what's in the boot if I had photos of the dogs on them, a bit like 'come and steal my pooch whilst I buy a paper'. Maybe I'm just paranoid!!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took the opportunity (while at work) to pop into pets at home earlier and bought
- sunshades
- new lead for puppy classes
- treat bag
- treats that soothe teeth
- teething toy.........

I only went in for the shades!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
good idea, I think I might get some :)

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
I had the back windows in my car blacked out. The rear window back side windows and the back door windows are all blacked out. We also have air conditioning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.