Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sex change harvest mice

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Mim1946, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mim1946

Mim1946 PetForums Junior

I have so enjoyed having my 2 harvest mice Tom Thumb and Tiny Tim. The trouble is that Tom chases Tim and he makes him sqeak so badly at times. I mentioned this to my daughter this morning and she said 'please can I have Tom' She ordered a vivarium immediately and we managed to put Tom in a smaller tank that we had. Lo! and behold! when she picked little Tom up she noticed he had nipples and she is now the proud owner of a little girl Thumbelina! We are hoping she isn't going to produce some little ones!

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

:eek: Oooops well Im hoping you dont get a surprise litter but if you do share the pics :D

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Woopsie, glad you recognised something wasnt right and separated them, fingers crossed their are no babies. will they bond with new mice of the same sex?

4. Mim1946

Mim1946 PetForums Junior

I am no expert but we have been told that boys do fight and it's not easy to introduce new mice. Tom has such a nice home and I am sure he is happier than someone making him squeak all the time and chase hm around.

5. Mim1946

Mim1946 PetForums Junior

Love your bunnies, we have bought Gus and Hunny indoors in my daughters home as they are getting older and they are being so good, they have a lovely run too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice