Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Settling in a new kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gerbera, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Gerbera

Gerbera PetForums Newbie

Need some advice. We are looking at buying two kittens. I know they need a settling period but we are away for Xmas (2 weeks) . I lost my two 18 yr old cats last year so my family is badly missing feline company. Do you think it's ok to buy now or after the holiday? An idea wud be to put them in a local cattery or is that just not right straight away?

2. smiler84

smiler84 PetForums VIP

wait til after christmas. it's only 6 weeks away. i don't think it's really fair to get them now knowing that you've got a fortnight away coming up so soon.

use the six weeks to look for your ideal kittens and get everything sorted out, and then after christmas and your holiday you'll be all ready to welcome your little ones into your home :)

3. Gerbera

Gerbera PetForums Newbie

Yes that's what we have decided. We have found two gorgeous kittens so just keeping fingers crossed they will be there in new year. It wouldn't be fair on them otherwise. X

4. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

I agree, I would definitely wait!

5. Obvious

Obvious PetForums Member

After Christmas , it's only fair. And they'll settle better!:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice