Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

seperation anxiety

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by kyzer, May 8, 2010.

1. kyzer

kyzer PetForums Junior

hi there we have a 8 month old male dogue de bordeaux he is a great family pet in every way but he seems to have developed anxiety problem .when i go out he will wine and bark constantly even when my 3 older children are at home does anyone have any advice as to how i can prevent him from doing this .

2. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

3. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

hi there
    this is a common problem for some owners and usually fixable with a little bit of effort. the previous links are an excellent source of information. also, look up my thread "unusual solution for separation anxiety". none of the traditional methods worked on my rescue lab so I had to come up with a tailor made solution. hope it helps. several people on here have tried my method with great success!

4. kyzer

kyzer PetForums Junior

hi tripod thanks for the speedy reply and the links ,i dont want to go down the crate route dont think id find one big enough anyway lol .but will try out some of the other tecniques.
    hi lucysnewmum your idea sounds very intresting will definatly give that a try cause he wines and moans if i go upstairs during the day ,hes fine when we go to bed we have a stair gate to stop he climbing up them.

5. Daggre

Daggre PetForums Member

Crates are great! Dogs love the secure feling they get from them aswell, you probably will find one big enough, ours ispretty huge xD

6. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

If you don't want to do the crate thing certainly confine him to one area with a baby gate that you work on separation exercises in so that he has one area that becomes a secure safe place that you always return to ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice