Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seperate Rooms

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Presley, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Presley

Presley PetForums Junior

My old Goldie has suddenly taken it upon herself to stay out in the kitchen/utiliy in the evenings. She always used to stay in the sitting room with us. I have tried to encourage her but all she wants to do is go back out there. There have been some changes lately We had to have our other dog put down but she was doing this before he went. Does anyone has any idea why she might be doing this. she is happy in every other way, eating and out :blush::blush::blush:walking ok

thanks

Tracey

2. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Could it be that it's to hot for her in the room you are in. My parent's lab often goes and flops in the kitchen or utility when she finds the lounge to warm.

3. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I would imagine she is too warm. With this cold weather, we get cold and put the heating on higher, but it is sometimes too much for a dog, especially a heavy coated one. She probably finds it cooler out there, especially if you have tiled floors.

I know mine prefer it in the kitchen in the evening.

4. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

agree with others, seems a likely reason

5. Presley

Presley PetForums Junior

Her bed is under the radiator so you could all be right. I will maybe move her bed away from it and try and encourage her to come back in. Having lost my other dog a few weeks ago, we are feeling very lonely!!!

Thanks for all your ideas

Tracey:)

6. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I would definitely move her bed away from the radiator, that is way too hot for her. But I wouldn't encourage her if she is happy where she is. Maybe put her bed in the kitchen or utility, see if she wants it or whether she is happier on the floor. She will come back in when she is ready.

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Roxy also takes herself off to sleep on the tiled floor in the kitchen as it's too hot for her in the living room.

It is for me some nights, hence the constant rows about the thermostat setting ..... but that's a different thread!!! ;) :D

8. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

Temperature.

Smell.

Noise.

9. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I would definitely go with temperature

My goldens two fave places are alongside the cold patio doors and on the kitchen floor.

Maybe turn the heating down and layer up (or is that too extreme for a cuddle, I dont know lol )

10. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Put on a sweater and turn the heating down. It'll reduce your bills and carbon footprint as well as getting your dog back with you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice