Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Separation Anxiety

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by mangolassi, Jul 5, 2017.

1. mangolassi

mangolassi PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone! So I have an adorable 11 month puppy. I'm a medical student and I usually leave my dog at home while I go to campus to study. I had gotten a lot of complaints from my downstairs neighbors regarding my dog barking and howling a lot when I was gone. It became very stressful, as I tried to stay at home as much as I could with him but on days I had mandatory events I had to leave him which would anger my neighbors. I asked my boyfriend to come stay with me and help me with my dog. He agreed, and the past few months he's been staying at home with him while doing his classes which are online and the neighbors stopped complaining. However, the days my boyfriend has to leave to do things, my dog has become super anxious, pacing around the house, whining, whimpering, crying, etc. Even on days I'm home with him and my boyfriend leaves, he acts like this. I'm not sure what to do, as I think he expects my boyfriend to stay with him all day every day. I don't think he acts this way when I am gone- only my boyfriend. My dog always had trouble with being alone but I haven't seen him act this anxious before. Any tips or suggestions?

2. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice