Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Separation anxiety in playpen

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by The Wilsonator, Mar 7, 2017.

1. The Wilsonator

The Wilsonator PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a new puppy called Wilson who is an 8 week springerdoodle. He's doing fantastic with toilet training and is practically sleeping through the night completely dry.
    However, I am struggling a little when it comes to putting him in his playpen when I need to get a few things in the house done. As soon as I put him in there he just cries. I put his favourite toys in and even a treat dispensing toy, but he isn't phased by them. I have tried getting him used to being in there when I'm around, but he's not having any of it. I feed him in the pen to get him to associate the pen positively, but he won't eat unless someone is next to him. Is this something that will get better as he is used to his litter mates?

Any help would be appreciated

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm no help i'm afraid my dog is 9 years old and still follows me around the house!
    But is perfectly happy to snooze when i'm not about.
    I think some dogs just like to be in the same room as their human when they know their human is about.
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice