Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Separate Households

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jo P, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

As you know I have two Rottie boys - they live in perfect harmony with each other 24/7. They never fall out over bones, toys, food - anything - I wouldnt have it!!! I feel safe to leave my boys together when I go out - they have the run of the downstairs - and when I go to bed they are left together. How many of you have to separate your pets for fear of fighting and how have you tried to over come this. I think every time you add a new pack member you are running the risk of them not getting on but personally I couldnt have a separated household where you are on pins all the time in case two dogs start fighting.

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Mine get along great,I don't think for a minute they would fight but the potential is always there with them been the breed they are.

I have known people not seperate Staffords while they have gone out and come home to find a dead dog and a badly injured one,not a risk I'm prepared to take,so mine are seperated while i'm out and at night.

3. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

unfortunatly i have in the past came home to a badly injured dog and a dead dog this was about 5 years ago ,in the end i had to rehome the instigator ,which broke our hearts ,i must add she was rehomed with a castrated dog ,its awfull because i have several dogs if 1 starts fighting they all pile in !!!!!! , i still have a hormonal 1 lol and she does get caged or taken with me during her hormonal period lol

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I keep 2 together in the kitchen when i go to bed ( my 2nd oldest and my very youngest, and 2 in the livingroom ( my very oldest and 2nd youngest )
    I always wake up to them cuddling.
    But i would never leave my second oldest with my eldest or 2nd youngest because she is very domanant over them and she has caursed fights because of this, trying to part 3 bull terriers in a fight was not easy, So the order i keep them in now is the order they get on most with, without a fight breaking out over domanants.

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

all mine get on
    they all sleep down stairs, they are ok with anything i give them.

6. nici

nici PetForums Senior

i have never had a problem with mine until i got the newest member of our family the little chinese crested, but she is a little bit scared of the big ones still, all mine are crate trained anyway so they all go in a crate when im out, but when i go to bed the 2 big dogs and the pup sleep downstairs and have the run of downstairs and the chinese crested comes to bed with me, not because my others are mean its just as she is still wary she is better out the way as she tends to grumble at the bigger ones,:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice