Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Selling Kittens (not mine)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, May 28, 2010.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

My friends cat had 4 kittens 2 days ago and she is planning on selling them at 6-7weeks, i've tried telling her its 2 early but I'm not sure she believes me, has anyone else sold kittens that early and have they been ok to go? Ours arn't going till 10weeks so I'm not sure.

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

No it's too young, i would recommend 10 weeks or at a push 8 weeks.

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i agree, its to young, try and talk her into keeping them another few weeks,:)

4. Tje

Tje Banned

anything under 8 weeks is definitely too early, and you only need to point your friend in the direction of this forum and the many posts from people who take on 6 week old kittens and then have massive problems with them not feeding and/or displaying all sorts of inappropriate biting scratching behaviour.

I keep my foster kittens till they are 12 weeks old, but I understand not everyone is in the position to do that. I would say 8 weeks very minimum, and every week between 8 and 12 is a big bonus to the kitten. The longer they're with their mum and siblings the better adjusted they will be, and the better pets they will make.

Well done to you for keeping yours till 10 weeks :thumbup:, they'll make better pets because of that ...

(besides... they're sooo cute at that age... it's like having a comedy film on repeat-play :lol:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice