Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Selling dog , info needed THANKS :d

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rolio, Jun 4, 2010.

1. rolio

rolio PetForums Newbie

Ok I have been looking for a site where I can sell my labrador puppies anyway , I desire it to be free.
    So far I have only found which is UK... i googled it and only US sites kept coming up maybe I have the wrong settings on google :confused:

http://woofbark.co.uk

I posted on the forums of this site it is obviously new not much activity, anyway I was wondering if anyone has any good sites to advertise new puppies on.

Anyway info is I have 3 left all about 4 months old :thumbup:

#1 rolio, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

3. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Wouldn't it be nicer to give them to friends ? instead of selling them on a website/forum ?

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Good idea Willa, that way you get to watch them grow up and you know that they will be looked after.:thumbup:

5. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Also on a forum,god knows who the puppy will end up with .....:eek:

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Not gonna preach but I really do think you need to be very careful when selling puppies online.

You need to inspect anyone who contacts you very carefully to make sure that they will offer your puppies a good home and that they won't end up in rescue or being passed from home to home.

Pets4homes, epupz and Preloved are free advertisement websites which get a lot of visitors each day. You could also try advertising in your local newspaper which may incur a very small cost but can be effective :)

7. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

How have you got 3 left at this age? did you keep any from the litter? Did you have a waiting list before you considered mating your bitch?

Are the parents hip and elbow scored with clear eye certificates and at least one PRA clear?

I ask this because the sites I would recommend would really require this to advertise the litter - some responsible breeders occasionally DO advertise on some of the other websites, but they have sufficient knowledge and experience to be able to weed out any undesirable prospective owners.

If you have friends who may be interested in taking one of them on that would be a good idea - alternatively, get in touch with breed rescue.

8. rolio

rolio PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the replies, yes i made a mistake :frown: I didnt make sure I had buyers before breeding :( I also assumed looking after 3 puppies would be easy!
    Ill spend another few weeks looking for friends/locals who can buy cause I would hate it if they went to a bad home :( .
    Either way thanks guys, ill try the site at top if all else fails and maybe newspapers, so its local and i can check the home out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice