Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

selectas diary

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by mypets, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hey! ok Im gonna start a diary for selecta, just to keep everyone updated and for me to ask questions if i get stuck, ;).

I rescued selecta a few days ago as her owners couldnt cope, Anyway shes here with me now, and is very much loved, I do not know when she is due to have her kittens but im guessing it will be very soon.

She has a hugh bump and her kittens are big, im guessing 4/5 in her tum...

Anyway today she has been very restless, very alert, constantly grooming herself everywhere & i do mean everywhere :rolleyes:
    she cries now and again and follows me everywhere, (cant go for a pee without her)!

obviously this weather isnt having a great impact on her..I have the ceiling fans constantly on & she finds the hallway cooler but then after a while shes up again..bless her. :wink5:

So i hope you enjoy selecta`s diary of her progress...xxx:smilewinkgrin:

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Place a frozen coke bottle of water where she lays some cats will lay up agianst it to cool them selfs its good for bunnys to. I bet she will find the heat with her pregnancy.

Dozymoo likes this.
  3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

ok, thanks i will try that one! :wink5:

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

***UPDATE***

During the night and today, selecta has been alittle vocal than usual, she has been quite restless and she has been snooping around in my bedroom, shes also been scratching the carpet..any ideas why?...

She still eating a little bit, she tries to sleep but then gets up again to move..shes sooooo big now..sure shes got bigger whithin the last 3 days lol...:smilewinkgrin:

5. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww bless her, keep us posted as to how she is, fingers crossed she has them soon,xx:)

6. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

maybe we may see some action......I am so impatient and this waiting is torture :rolleyes:

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I know, its killing me, plus where we dont know the date, that makes it worse..could be today or next week...if you see what i mean lol...:wink5:

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Any ideas why she would be scratching the carpet? she hasnt eaten much today either...

9. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

My Cat scratched the carpet behind the sofa for the first time last friday , was very vocal as well and hey presto she has her kittens that night at 8.30 pm. So I would suggest you watch her closely and you will know when she losses her plug lol. Twink lost her plug and had the kittens an hour later.

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

she seems settled at the moment...shes lying in the hallway, but shes hardley eating, im keeping an eye on here..i keep saying to her, anything yet! she just stares at me..:D

11. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hey! Selecta has been vocal again, but not over the top...shes so big now, she was scratching the carpet again earlier..then she jumped in her box..was getting hopeful but still nothing!! :rolleyes:

shes now laying down in the hallway...still eating but not alot..hopefully something will happen soon..:001_tt2:

12. celicababe1986

Glad she is ok. hopefully soon. Is her milk in yet?

13. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

no not yet...her nipples are still small, but i have been re-assured that all cats are different, so not to worry...her nipples are crusty, if thats the word to say...:idea:

14. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

UPDATE...

Selecta has been grooming loads today esp her nipple area..her kittens are not as active..they are hardley moving..can someone just let me know if thats a good thing or not??

Also she is eating but again hardley any...she sleeps for abit then shes up again...oh and shes very effectionate, has to be in view of me...shes just been cradled in my arms...

15. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Nothing to report although she is sitting in her box...eating bits..still little bit restless..also still grooming lots...:001_tt2:

16. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

well iv just come home and selecta has not moved from her box..not even to say hello..she normally follows me into the kitchen when iv been shopping to see if there is something for her..

I fed the other cat and she still didnt come..also this morning iv noticed that her nipples are up, but no milk yet..

Iv just got Another big box for her to go in...so hopefully she will like that one too..

17. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

Good luck with her, Twinkle didn't go into her box untill the day she gave birth and I had three all round the house for at least two weeks before lol so it does sound promising.

18. celicababe1986

Yay, I hope for some action soon!! Sometimes there milk doesnt come in till just before, or whilst giving birth!. but the not eating and going in her box sounds quite promising. How is her toilet habbits? ;)

19. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

aww bless her shes just come out for a stroke then went back in...she hasnt really been to the toilet..not since this morning..shes in her new bigger box...shes gone up in the world..

she just stares at me...her tummy is towards the back of her..her belly is on the floor when she sits down..lol...:blushing:

20. celicababe1986

Well I think Nala is tricking me....Maybe just a bad case of water retention :rolleyes:

We had new sofas delivered today, she went underneath them an hour ago and has yet to come out. (I can see her though so I know she is ok)

She keeps twitching her fur (like they do when flies land on them) alot, then more groo9ming. but other than that, nothing!:mad:

suppose all I can say it will happen one day!;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice