Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seizures are changing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by YellowLab, Sep 8, 2013.

1. YellowLab

YellowLab PetForums Senior

Yogi had another seizure this morning (nearly 6 weeks since the last one) but it was very different from all the others. With all the other she vomited then fell into her back/side and convulsed. Not violently but convulsions nonetheless. She didn't lose control of bladder/bowels and they last about 2 mins.

Well this time there was no vomiting, she didn't fall onto her back and she didn't convulse like normal. She was laying sphinx like with her was held completely upright but she was sort of swaying it slightly and her eyes were completely out of it. She also did a very small poo. It seemed to last longer but that could just be that it was a lot calmer and no shaking so it seemed longer.

Is it normal that they can change like this?

2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

I would think it could change and get less severe depending on the medication maybe its working

3. YellowLab

YellowLab PetForums Senior

She's not on any medication as she isn't having them often enough and they don't last long enough to warrant it. She does have diazepam to be given as soon as the fit starts buys that's it. Today however I was unable to give it as she was the wrong way round in the crate and I would have had to crawl in with her and she might become unpredictable while fitting and bite.

4. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Not sure then sounds like a mini one to me maybe ring the vet and ask for advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice