Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seen it all now....Freecycle...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gilly and Jess, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

An advert I've seen on our local branch of freecycle this morning....:blink:

WANTED: Wanted small dog
    We are looking to adopt a small, non shedding, house trained, good
    natured dog. I am a stay at home grammy, who will be able to give lots
    of TLC to a pet and I have lots of patience, to a dog who needs a new
    home for some reason or another.

We're RECYCLING dogs now?? :confused: :confused:

#1 Gilly and Jess, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

I've seen cats & dogs rehomed on freecycle before, I suppose it's open to a wide audience thats why :)

3. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

All wrong in my book! If you want to adopt an animal go through the proper channels and prove your worth as a pet owner. This could be anybody, who the heck is there to check the animal will be properly cared for? :blink:

4. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

true but when you sell a puppy or rehome one you dont know what their home is gonna be like either, Luna our 5 yr old rottie was sold for £500 as a puppy 7 weeks later she was removed from the people who bought her because she was malnourished aleeping outside without proper shelter & left on her own most of the day outside in all weathers!

I took her on & she's been here ever since :) you'd have thought paying £500 for a puppy would mean they'd look after it!!!

Home check was done too & they seemed genuine they'd not have been found out had a friend of the breeders been visiting firends near by & been told about the pups treatment.

5. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Whatever next husbands- kids??

Wait a minute hmmmm maybe not such a bad idea :D:D:D ( not about the dogs though)

6. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Our Freecycle is watched by admin and the posts dont get on there if they are animals. becasue they have to approve your posts. which is annoying sometimes as you have to wait 2 days to get a post put on lol.

Maybe people that see animals onm the local freecycle should contact the admins, it shouldn't be allowed.

7. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Yes my ad...

Offered Husband, he can't cook, he is a tidy freak yet lives on his PC so doesn't do much else. goes to work comes home and i'm sure i'll find him in front of the pc if not the TV!

Will deliver

HEHEHE

8. shells

shells PetForums VIP

facebook is the same there is a for sale/free adds section now and there are dogs on there free to homes etc

9. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

sadly our facebook one is like that too OR they want £££ for them, and some of th eposts i have seen i know some of them live by me i have seen the dogs and its not all good :(

10. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

Hmm thought id seen it all too,but just come across an ad on preloved wanting to swap a tortoise for a bouncing castle :eek:

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

No thanks. Already got one of those. Tried to return him but the shop had done a moonlight flit!!!! :mad2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice