Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

seeing things that arent there

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by munchkinpie, Sep 4, 2013.

1. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

grrr i cant sleep :Yawn: because roman is seeing things i cant see. it creeps me out, he actually follows this thing but i sometimes, like tonight he ends up jumpy, not sure its always nice what he is seeing. im creeped out!!

2. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Dora has done that. Fast asleep on my lap then all of a sudden she sat bolt upright staring at something over my shoulder. Jumped off my lap and just stood staring :eek: That un-nerved me a bit I can tell you.

3. munchkinpie

hes still not settled neither is my older one, hes hiding in his play cube.:(

4. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Willow does it all the time - we call it her 'I see dead people' look :eek:

5. munchkinpie

i dont mind it during the day but not when its dark and im in on my own. ive had to go and put the light on, i feel like them lot on the blair witch project, except im with two cats and not humans. ive never felt this uneasy in years.:eek:

6. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

A cat's sense of hearing ranges from 45-64,000 hz, according to a report from Louisiana State University. A human range is 64-23,000 hz. This means that the cats may be hearing things that the humans around cannot hear. A cat staring at one spot may be reacting to something it hears. A sound from next door? A mouse in the wall?

I just read that ^^

7. munchkinpie

It's not noise related its sight, if your cat does it you'll see what I mean they interact with them. I've seen mine actually playing with something I can't see!!

8. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Milo was looking up at the wall behind me earlier and he had his mouth open and he wouldn't budge, looked back and nothing there. Then a little while later we noticed a good sized spider crawling across the top of the wall.

That is the only thing I've seen them do really.

9. munchkinpie

It's different il video them the next time during the day, you see what I mean. It's not a curious look, it's weird.

10. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Yeah, I'd love to see it :) kinda gives me the creeps thinking about it though lol

11. munchkinpie

Will see if they do it tomorrow they are really bad in the other bedroom so will go through there to video them.

12. monkeymummy32

monkeymummy32 PetForums VIP

On the day we had Zuma put to sleep, his brother Loki was sat on the sideboard in the living room that evening, when I heard a cat walking into the room (bearing in mind we were back to being a one cat household!). We have wooden flooring so it is a very distinctive sound. Loki, wide-eyed, followed the sound of the footsteps intently and jumped off the sideboard for a closer look! I think Zuma came back to say goodbye! :)

13. munchkinpie

Oh we have had things like that, food bowls rattling etc when both are accounted for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice