Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Secret World of Posh Pets

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Phoenix Rising, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising PetForums VIP

Anyone else watching this?

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I watch tv to either relax or educate, not get annoyed.......I have PF for that :D

3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I saw the dressed up Chi huahuas and the bunnies. It doesn't stand being taken too seriously ! Did you see the Chihuahua wedding last week ??

Phoenix Rising likes this.
  4. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Senior

I thought the lady with the rabbits was amazing, best set up I've ever seen! Fair play to her, I'm sick of seeing friends on fb with sub standard accommodation for pets like that.
    But 1k for a chihuahua jacket?!

LinznMilly and Phoenix Rising like this.
  5. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

I only saw the rabbit pen. It's so nice to see people giving their rabbits enough space.
    I did wonder how they would get them out of the tunnels quickly if one fell Ill though so would probably choose to keep the tunnels above ground myself.

6. Phoenix Rising

yes...lol some people are just bonkers! :D

I thought the rabbit warren was a great idea but more something you'd expect to find at maybe a rabbit rescue or childrens farm kind of thing than in someone's back garden! ...though if I were rich .....would I be tempted to buy my dog(s) an adventure playground and swimming pool.....probably! ... and maybe adopt more as I could afford to feed them all! ....still wouldn't spend £1,000 on a dress for a chihuahua (though they'd all have nice practical warm winter coats! ;)) or marry any of the dogs off.....lol!

7. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

Didn't see it but 1k for a dog jacket doesn't sound posh, more common with money LOL, BTW before i get accused of being a snob, i am common :)

SusieRainbow likes this.
  8. SusieRainbow

Staff Member

Me too, according to an FB quiz I did this morning. But £1,000 for a dog jacket ? No, £3.00 each from E-bay !

9. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

All the poor dogs were overweight so were probably rather warm in their fancy warm coats under the spot lights of the cat walk. Some of the coats had diamonds or some such apparently. :eek:

They seemed ok with being carried by various models up and down the cat walk but when they were having the spray paint and transfers applied to their fur and their nails painted they looked far from happy. As the owner confidently stated her dogs absolutely loved it one poor Chihuahua had its tail clamped tightly between its legs, lots of whale eye and looking away. :(

10. Phoenix Rising

The dresses/coats were covered in the swaroski diamonds or something, the owner was a clothes designer whose clothes also sold for hundreds/thousands! pretty but hardly practical, shame she didn't spend more on someone exercising them if she was too posh to walk them cos most of them looked overweight! She'd have been better spending more for them to have hydrotherapy or even their own pool/water treadmill thing in her house for them. Do them more good than a fancy coat!

If I had millions I'd move to somewhere with a good big garden, couple of spare rooms but nothing really lavish... adopt a load of dogs that had been waiting years. Make them a great play area like Dogs Trust has at their centre's (sensory garden, agility course, paddling pool etc) for them all to share. Money would be spent on making sure they all had good food, toys for mental stimulation and any medications/treatment they needed, rather than fancy coats. Though they'd all have a winter coat and maybe some jumpers/fleeces for thin coated/old dogs that needed them to keep warm. All practical one's though, no ridiculous tutu dresses or anything! ..and maybe employ someone to help me walk them depending what size of dogs I'd rescued and how many but I'd definitely still go out myself with them too.

Maybe even give funding to a rescue and take in some of their difficult to place dogs or old dogs who only had a year or two left (or months) so they spent their last years living in luxury for a change! ... can't see myself as one of those types who'd just spend it on flash cars, having my own jet, expensive jewellery and clothes etc..I'd be the one that still dressed like an old bag lady while the dogs had the best food, toys and care available..lol! :D

LinznMilly, evel-lin and SusieRainbow like this.
  11. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

Oh don't get me wrong, if i had millions i'd treat myself and treat myself well, but i'm like you Pip would be treated first, don't care how nice the new house is it MUST have a massive enclosed garden. Actually we were discussing this the other day, and decided i'm to old for a Ferrari or Lamborghini etc. It would just look like i was having late mid life crisis or i was over compensating, i think there is only 5 years when you can drive a car like that, 30-to 35 so i guess a Range Rover and an Aston Martin maybe LOL

Phoenix Rising likes this.
  12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You should probably take a look at Manor Pet Housings website in that case. LOADS of people make a lot of effort for their rabbits.

13. SusieRainbow

Staff Member

That sounds so idyllic ! Can I come too ?

14. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

I couldn't understand how a Great Dane the won reserve CC at Crufts could become a Champion on the day

15. Phoenix Rising

Didn't he have 2? One was in class for males and one for females I thought?

16. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

The male got VHC I think, it definitely didn't win it's class anyway

17. Phoenix Rising

Think one was about fifth , the one that pooed in the ring!

18. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I watched it earlier on ITV player.

Great Dane male got VHC and the female was reserve bitch - I don't really know how the dog showing world works, but seems odd the bitch could be made up to a Champion on what they said was her first show, but then again, she had obviously shown before to have qualified for Crufts in the first place. I won't loose sleep over it anyway :D Beautiful dogs.

Chihuahua woman made me sad - they were all as fat as butter, and parading about in diamond encrusted dresses but given Bakers for dinner? Hmm.

Rabbit owners were lovely, so nice to see such wonderful accommodation for bunnies. Company featured were Runaround, our bespoke run set-up is from them. Although attached to a clearance shed from B&Q, not buried within a £4k 10-tonne grass rabbit mound :D

19. adamantis

adamantis PetForums Member

I liked how seriously the pygmy hedgehog breeder took her responsibilities of finding suitable homes for the hoglets :)
    And the falconry man! I've always wanted falcons <3 But the special semen hat was hilarious!

MaggiesMom likes this.
  20. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

It couldn't.

For any dog to be made up on the day, it would have to have taken two Challenge Certificates already, under different judges.

Pappychi and SixStar like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice