Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Secret Santa Paws Likes and Dislikes Thread (Indiandpuppy and Canine K9)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Canine K9, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

This is for The Secret Santa Paws. This thread is for the likes and dislikes of your dog so when you receive your recipient on 6th October you can look on here and see your likes and dislikes
    I`ll start :)

Bailey
    Breed: Westie x Papillon- Weighs 7.5kg
    Loves
    Soft toys, squeaky toys :D He enjoys stag bars. He loves his kong and any treat dispenser toy. He loves all food I prefer him to have as natural as possible please such as paddywack, pizzle etc for chews. Treats he normally gets homemade or those real meat treats. He can have rawhide but only pressed rawhide that is as natural as possible please. He has allergies so needs a grain free diet so please check any treats you buy :)
    eta: He now enjoys tennis balls!
    His collar size is 13" and his harness size I`m not sure but he fits the Julius K9 Mini Mini if that helps :eek: I`ll have to get the tape measure out and update this.
    Hates
    He isn`t keen on tug toys the like although he enjoys frisbee`s. Can`t have anything that contains grain and Unnatural treats (allergies).

#1 Canine K9, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

Ooh Christmas is approaching :D

Rosie

Breed: Cavalier King Charles x Bichon About 8kg
    Likes : I've not encountered a toy she doesn't like! She's super girly and super stylish (well I think she is) our favourite colour for her is purple or Barbie Pink. Her neck size is 13" and her belly size is 18" I tend to go for somewhere between Small and Medium. She loves retrieve toys and chewy toys too! She adores her teddybears!
    Dislikes
    We don't like her having lots of grains/cereals or tomatoes due to her tearstains. Liver also gives her a funny tum so that's off the menu. She doesn't do clothes either ;) this doggy is 'au naturel!' We also don't tend to get her tuggy toys because we're training her to 'swap' if she has something in her mouth.

We're quite easy really :D

#2 missRV, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  3. Indiandpuppy

Indiandpuppy PetForums VIP

Marnie

Age- 6 month, 10month at xmas

Breed- Jack Russell x Cocker Spaniel weight- 5kg

Loves- puzzle toys and brain games, Stag bar antlers, Homemade and Natural treats and chews, but I am not a treat snob as I let her have pedigree milky bones too (she loves them even through they are artificial silly girl), Root chews, fluffy/soft toys are her favourite- quite strong ones and not bothered if it has a squeak or not , tug ropes- fleece and regular, kongy brand stuff, soft frisbees.

collar size 10" but still growing so adjustable is best if you were wanting to get a collar
    harness size s but not sure on girth measurement
    fave colours- any pink! , tiffany blue, purple and lime green or anything sparkly or disney LOL

Hates- any ball without a rope attached, bakers brand stuff and rainbow colour rawhide! (well thats me...), most rubber/vinyl squeaky toys she is scared of them lol, pig/pork treats and chews.

:)

also last year a few people sent chocs for the owners but we have some dietry requirements in the house so stick to non edible human pressies or just for the dogs! :) its their ss :)

x

#3 Indiandpuppy, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  4. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Ooo not long now!!

Rossi on the left in my sig

Breed: German shepherd X Staffie
    Likes: He loves his kong and rubber chuck it balls! He loves using his brain with interactive toys and treat dispensers. We've recently started doing more clicker training and his favourite treats for this are natures menu treats! He also really loves crunchy treats like crisps or dried bacon.

His neck is 21", weighs 31Kg & no known food allergies.

Dislikes: He's a strong chewer so soft toys and teddys last only a matter of minutes or hours before ending up in loads of tiny bits!! He's also not keen on fluffy feeling toys with squeakers as he genuinely thinks he hurts them when they squeak! :eek:

Raven on the right in my sig

Breed: Labrador
    Likes: Her favourite game is fetch and turns into a puppy when out in the park having a game! Being a labby she enjoys carrying things around in her mouth at home and one of her favourites is a sock! She also eats all and everything and has never turned her nose up at a food item yet :p she is a pink lady and young at heart :)

Her neck is 20", weighs 27Kg and no food allergies.

Dislikes: She isn't the most driven of dogs and will get bored with most interactive games apart from long lasting chews and treats.

5. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

Awwwwww :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

6. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

:p

He will usually pick them up very delicately and drop them on my lap after 'hurting' them and lick them softly... :eek:

7. Wilmer

Wilmer PetForums Senior

Hi there, here are Betty's details:

Breed: Newfoundland
    Size: Currently 32kg, but growing like a weed, so she will be 40-50kg by Christmas - don't recommend buying things to wear as won't last long or too dear if you go for likely adult size!

Likes: Balls! Absolutely loves'em, but must be tennis size or (preferably) larger due to big mouth... Chewing things - anything kongy or konglike is popular also natural type chews (ears, hooves, unmentionables, etc). Treats - she's a newfy, has never refused anything yet... Tuggies - born for tug, but must be tough as she is a heavyweight.

Dislikes: No squeakies please, bad for my sanity and I don't like the idea of her munching on something furry that squeaks in "distress" :eek:

Thanks - love Christmas shopping, so can't wait!!

8. finleyjon

finleyjon PetForums Senior

Mine are sharing, so:

Name Darwin

Age 1 year and 3 months old at Christmas

Breed Miniature Dachshund

Weight 4.6 kilograms

Size XS or S

Likes Plush toys or any other kind of toy. He loves pretty much anything you give him!

Dislikes Rawhide

Darwin must have natural, cereal-free food and treats. No cooked bones. He has an abundance of tennis balls. He already has a Kong (two, actually!). He has a stag bar.

Name Finley

Age 6 years and 2 months old at Christmas

Breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross Rottweiler

Weight 22 kilograms

Size XL, awkward shape

Likes Anything he can chew, liver cake or any other kind of cake

Dislikes Peanut butter, rawhide

Finley cannot have toys due to health reasons. Finley must have natural, cereal-free food and treats. No cooked bones.

#8 finleyjon, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  9. salemsparklys

salemsparklys PetForums Senior

Name Ben

Age 14 yrs old

Breed Border Collie

Weight not sure actually

Size Doesn't wear collars as he can not walk far so plays in our garden or field.

Likes FOOD!!!!!

Dislikes Doesn't really play with anything as hes getting on and has bad arthritis:frown2::eek:

Name Storm

Age 7 years old

Breed Alaskan Malamute

Weight 49kg

Size XL

Likes FOOD yet again lol

Dislikes Again, not a playing with toys kind of boy, he LOVES to chew things though if its food related.

Both boys like chew foods/biscuits/treats, Storms colours are green, he just got a new collar and disk in green.

10. Indiandpuppy

BUMP!...................... x

11. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Bumping... Here is the people who have and havent posted on this thread. This needs to be done by the time you receive your recipient. (in the next week or so)
    Indiandpuppy Marnie- Completed
    Canine K9 Bailey- Completed
    Finleyjon Darwin and Finley- Completed
    Salemsparklys Storm- Completed
    Saemsparklys Ben- Completed
    Picklelily Pickle-Completed
    sezseelon Rossi- Completed
    sezseelon Raven- Completed
    missRV Rosie- Completed
    niki87 Rosie- completed
    BeckyC Archie- Completed
    BeckyC Blue- completed
    wilmer Betty- Completed
    5headh Alfred- completed
    5headh Woody- completed
    Lozzibear Jake- completed
    Lozzibear Arrow- completed

#11 Canine K9, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  12. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Arrow
    Age - 18 months.
    Breed - Border Collie
    Weight - 24kg

Loves
    He loves any toy that can be thrown, he adores balls. He also loves things that are snuggly. He loves most food, but I usually only give him natural, grain free treats. He likes things to chew. His neck size is 18".

Hates
    He isn't a big fan of tug toys. I don't let him have rawhide.

Jake
    Age - 4 years.
    Breed - Border Collie x GSD
    Weight - 25kg

Loves
    He loves any toys... he is a very playful dog, and just adores anything that he can play with. He enjoys his food. He only gets natural treats like cow ears, rabbit ears, fish treats etc. He likes things to chew. His neck size is 18".

Hates
    He doesn't like anything from a pig. He has allergies to grain, so he can't get treats with grain in them. And I don't let him have rawhide. Can't think of anything else he doesn't like...

13. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Bumping :)

14. 5headh

5headh PetForums VIP

Alfred
    Age - 18 months
    Breed - Small lurcher
    Weight - 13 KG

Loves
    Alfred loves anything; any toy he can chase or chew.. He likes the kong air toys and toys he can tug and shake to 'kill'.
    He eats anything really.

Hates
    Isn't allowed rawhide but is anything else :)

Collar size; 13 inches.

Woody
    Age - 7 years
    Breed - Staff X
    Weight - 21KG

Loves
    Woody likes strong toys; him and Alfred tend to play tuggy together, or just nick toys of each other :rolleyes:
    He doesn't really play fetch however; is a strong chewer!

Hates
    Woody is also not allowed rawhide; he would probably need strong toys.

Collar size; 18 inches.

15. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Bumpity Bump Bump

16. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Bumping....... :d

17. BeckyC

BeckyC PetForums Member

Sorry I forgot to do this! :eek:

Blue, 7 year old Greyhound, 30kg.
    Archie, 8 month old Lurcher, 16kg.

Likes: Chews, training treats, squeaky tennis balls/toys, accessories, natural food.

Dislikes: Blue cannot handle wheat or most grain so if food is sent please can they be as natural as possible. Also I am not worried about things for them to wear (unless Christmas related ;)) as Archie is still growing and Blue is a Greyhound who can only wear Greyhound specific items.

I am grateful for anything I receive though. :)

#17 BeckyC, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  18. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Sorry forgot to fill mine in--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pickle
    Age - 19 months
    Breed - Schnauzer cross fox terrier
    Weight - 9.7kg
    Collar size - small but she is quite long and tallish for a terrier so has a medium in coats and neckerchiefs/ bandanas.

Loves
    Tug toys, balls, really likes puzzle games, neckerchiefs/ bandanas, chews, toys that make a noise, toys with bits hanging off them like a tail. She has a very strong jaw so needs tough toys. Loves her kong, tough squeaky bone and ball on a rope.

Hates
    Anything with beef in causes an ear problem, no wheat, hates being brushed but I enjoy brushing her :w00t:

Happy to get anything except beef or wheat items.

19. Indiandpuppy

Could CanineK9 pm Niki87 and check she is participating if not then thats ok as my side will have an equal number x

Apologies to NIki87 but we may have to remove you x

#19 Indiandpuppy, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  20. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Does niki87 still wish to parcipiate? You MUST do your likes and dislikes before tonight or you will be removed sadly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice