Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Secret Santa-Paws '13 Interest? (IndiandPuppy and Caninek9)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Indiandpuppy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Indiandpuppy

Indiandpuppy PetForums VIP

Hello PF'ers

As many of you may know Goldenshadow has organised a secret santa for 3 yrs and has made a well thought out decision for a more intimate secret santa as she is very busy.

However many members have been rather disappointed about this so CanineK9 and myself made a well thought out decision to organise another secret santa! As a sort of fringe event/alternative/chaotic mess ;)

]IndiandPuppy - Marnie 1 CONFIRMED
    CanineK9 - Bailey 1 - CONFIRMED
    Finleyjon - FinleyandDarwin 1 - CONFIRMED
    [/COLOR]Salemsparklys - 2 - CONFIRMED
    Picklelily- 1-CONFIRMED
    sezeelson- Raven + Rossi 2 CONFIRMED
    missRV - Rosie 1 - CONFIRMED
    niki87- Rosie 1 CONFIRMED
    BeckyC- Archie + Blue 2 CONFIRMED
    wilmer- Betty 1CONFIRMED
    [5HEADH- Alfred + Woody 2 CONFIRMED

Lozzibear- Jake + Arrow 2 CONFIRMED

RULES?..

.You cannot participate in GS Secret Santa and our Secret Santa-Paws as its CONFUSING :confused: and we don't want to spoil you :eek:

.none UK residents welcome but -inbox me if you want to participate and are across the seas or say here what country you are from

.Anyone with a 'member' or 'Vip Member' or 'senior' status welcome to sign up but nobody with a 'newbie' status for obvious reasons

. you must have started your own thread/threads

.you must have a dog x dogs

.you must be willing to donate 50p on paypal to the secret santa/charity- petforumssecretsantapaws@gmail.com

So we can gauge interest please comment below if you are interested, how many dogs for, what country you are in and what your 'pet forum status' is.

Also the minimum spend would likely be £10 with the no maximum and have to fit your giftee woofers 'loves and hates'.

any interest?

JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS...... JINGLE ALL THE WAYYYYY.....

#1 Indiandpuppy, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Yep we will send 2 to receive 2! Both for Bailey
    I`m in sunny England ;)
    And VIP

BUT i`ll add dates

Saturday 28th September 2013- Interest for Secret Santa Paws is finished, and me and India will sort through
    Sunday 6th October 2013- You will get your recipient(s)!

Another rule... All presents must be wrapped and properly secured!
    Loves and hates thread will appear soon :)

#2 Canine K9, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  3. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Keeping this at the top

4. Indiandpuppy

1 dog- Marnie
    England
    VIP Member

:D

5. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Oooh, I'm interested :D

I haven't been here long enough to take part in the other one...

Great idea guys, thank you.

I have two dogs. Border Collie and Parson Russell Terrier.
    Live in Scotland.
    My status: 'member'

6. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

So...I'm interested... but... what's the difference between this SS and Goldenshadows?

7. finleyjon

finleyjon PetForums Senior

Me, please! :D

I have two dogs: Finley (Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross Rottweiler) and Darwin (Miniature Dachshund)

I live in the United Kingdom

Pretty sure that I'm just a plain 'ol member

8. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Golden shadows is restricted ie only some members can join depending. For example no under 18's be here a certain length of time etc

9. Indiandpuppy

Goldenshadows is only open to over 18's who and long term/active members as she is only doing it for a smaller group as last year there were nearly 100 and it was very confusing. We didn't meet the criteria so we decided to make our own fun with permission of course but we were told we didn't need it ;)

#9 Indiandpuppy, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  10. Indiandpuppy

crossposted hehe lol x

11. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Don't you think you should put some sort of cap/more restrictions on your SS though? It sounds like it'll get hectic like it did last year for GS...

12. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

I think we'll give it a whirl I imagine quite a few members will be doing GS SS and me and Indi are splitting the work load
    India add to OP all parcels must be sent first class recorded to avoid being lost :)

#12 Canine K9, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  13. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Ah right. If you want a hand, give me a shout :)

14. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Altho im a VIP member i think GoldenShadows will fill up really quick if there is only 20 doing it, ive never done SS before so would like to join this one if possible please

15. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I do agree though there should be a cap on how many can be involved because it will get out of hand

16. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That and I do know that GS and Babycham ended up spending a fair bit of their own money for various reasons the year before last (namely that people didn't send parcels as promised and they didn't want anyone missing out who had sent one but wouldn't otherwise receive). Last year GS had a Paypal account - if you remember K9? - into which we all put a little extra to cover unexpected events which when unused went to an animal charity. The year before that a few of us ended up sending money to GS in order to help her with the expenses she incurred due to folk being slack.

So I am just saying cover you own backs a little.

17. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

There is NOT a 20 members only limit on the SS I am organising. I do not know where that number has come from as I have not got a number in my mind right now. Numbers will not be permitted to increase as they have done in past years, ie.

Year one - 25 members
    Year two - 55 members
    Year three - 90 members, so year four could be 120+ if I do not restrict it.

I am simply respecting the wishes of those who gave me feedback last year. ie. The size seemed to instil a competitive nature, posters disappearing/not posting thanks/photos and if SS is more restricted the odds of this happening are reduced.

Regarding entering both SS. Some members who are involved in the SS I am organising have said they feel concerned that posters may make errors in which parcel is posted out to who and that less attention to specific rules may be adhered if there are two sets to be paying attention to. Thus it seems logical to ask that people opt to participate in one or the other.

Regarding under/over 18's. No under 18 has ever *intentionally* been allowed to participate in SS. What with sending money via Paypal and the responsibility of ensuring things are done as and when some members have queried whether under 18's participating is a good idea or not. I do not feel an exemption can be made for one, a decision would have to be for all or none. As Indiandpuppy and Canine K9 are so enthused I suggested that they participate in one where they can have more of a say on what goes on.

18. Indiandpuppy

I have a paypal for ebay and my mum has 2 one for ebay and one for when she organises days out for home educators like myself. I manage stuff on the home education one for her for example I go on the site see who is interested, go on the sight and see who is definite and conform dates, inbox each paypal details directly then chase people up if they have not paid. :thumbup1:

I have removed the bit where I said about 20 members.
    Our 'cap' will likely be 60 then we can take 30 each but I highly doubt we will get that many people anyway. Its more about the fact we knew some people were not active/joined long enough and still wanted to take part rather than just wanting a 'bigger' one I only used the words big as the restriction was to keep it close and not large in the first place. :)

19. Canine K9

Canine K9 Bailey Woof

Dogless that's a good point so if Indi we can get a paypal sorted

20. Indiandpuppy

When we get enough members interested I will ask for a donation of minimum 50p for a 'safety net' and any excess can go to Many tears rescue?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice