Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Second Vaccine

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Alex556, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Alex556

Alex556 PetForums Newbie

So I’ve recently got an 8 week old doxie puppy and waiting to have his second vaccine. Is there anything I can do to keep him safe from catching viruses ect while we wait for his second shot? I know he is not allowed outside and only in my garden but I also have another dog who is 15 and goes outside for walks, will that be a problem?

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

You can carry your pup around so that he still gets to experience the world (this is very important). You can pop him on the ground if you like, just avoid very heavy dog traffic areas. With one vaccine plus mum's antibodies he should have some level of cover for the virus, just don't take him to your local dog park!
    Go the the local cafe and sit outside with a coffee and him on your lap or the seat next to you, go to the supermarket and let him see all the cars and people without interacting with them. Just be sensible and your pup will be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice