Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Second Dog Query

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mr.stitches, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

On our classifieds this morning there is a 6 month old cavalier for sale, reason only given if you phone up.

I just wondered how you would go about checking up on the dogs healthy, as i know cavs can have a lot of problems. Obviously the current owner should have certificates or information from the breeder. If not, then how do I go about looking into how healthy the dog is?

OH isnt keen on a second dog, but I saw this and just wondered about health issues. It doesnt say anything about a price on the advert either, or what colour/temperament she has.

We already have a girl who has been spayed, so I dont know wether two bithces would be a problem?

Just sounds like a lovely dog that ia quite rare to come by on this Island!

Thanks

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Cant tell you much but someone else will be along shortly, if the dogs kc reg''d there may be a dna cert with the dog it depends whether the dog got tested but parents may have been.
    Two bitches should be fine if you go and see the dog best to take your dog along with you to give an idea as to whether they would get along

3. rona

rona Guest

4. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

thank you

im dying to ring the lady and see what the dog is like, have mentioned it in passing today to OH but not much been said back...

its just me wanting something! i do think that if its not this one, then the breed would be a good temprament to go with Pip

they all say 'good reason for rehoming' but when the pup is only 6 months old, makes you wonder why the bothered in the first place

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

May be it is due to personal health problems that they cant go into on an advert. If its k.c. reg it will have all its paperwork for you to see, aslo vet checkups, innoculations updates, should be there for you to see aswell, You could ask what the mother and fathers name is and then check up with the kennel club. If not there is nothing you can do but listen to what she is saying, it is up to you if you believe her or not, but dont just get it because you may feel sorry for it. It may be snappy with little kids but good with older ones, It is hard to tell, and I dont know what to say to help you. If you know where abouts the dog is from, you may be lucky enough to see a neighbour and drop a few hints they may be able to tell you something. thats a long shot though. Hope you work it out and it goes well. xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice