Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seasons?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tigerneko, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

My friend and I had arranged during the college summer holidays sometime to meet up and take our dogs for a walk in the park and have a bit of a catch up, and I was talking to her tonight when the subject of the walk came up. I asked her if we could wait a couple of weeks because Ruby is in season, and she said that her bitch is also in season. So, it made me wonder - is summer a more 'popular' time for bitches to come into season or is it just coincidental?

Just wondering :D

2. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

It's purely coincidental, bitches first come into season between 6-9 months depending on the breed, so depending on when they are born usually they then come in to season regularly every 6 months if your lucky.:)

my one bitch is every 6 months. the other had a 1st season at 8 months and i'm still waiting for her next one and she is now 15 months old so she may go every 8 months it varies between bitches.

a bit of advice i would not be walking my in season bitch in an open park, keep her on a lead at all time when you are out with her, but walk her away from other dogs. :)

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

that is why I asked my friend if we could wait a couple of weeks, I wouldn't want to risk walking her in the park while she's in season. And I don't let her off anyway :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice