Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seasons??????

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kiara, Jul 7, 2009.

1. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

Hi all
    My Border Terrier Bitch came in to season yesterday for the first time.
    When should i expect her next season.
    She will be one on the 19 july.
    Thanks.
    xx

2. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

seasons are usually 6 months from the start of the last but this can vary.

Don't mean to hijack your thread but on the subject of seasons.... my girl had a litter on her last season and 8 months later has finally come into season.

Is the season after a litter usually heavier or different. usually it is just the odd spits and spots. This time it is heavy, all over the inside of her legs and all over her fur.

Can't wait to get her spayed!

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Molly our springer is 1 on the 19th july!!! and hasnt come into season yet, i think shes a bit late but ive heard it does vary with different breeds, but yes i was told that have them every 6 months, she is our first girl so all this is new to us.

4. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

poppy our oldest border who is 3 half, had her 1st season at 7 months comes in season every 6 months, meg the baby who is now 14 half months old had her 1st season at 8 months and i was hoping she would come in season with Poppy and get it all over with together like they did at christmas, but no sign of meg yet as Poppy has been in season for a week now, so seasons can vary, i know a lady who has a border and hers comes in season every 4 months which is a nightmare when your showing your dogs.

What's you girl called, any photo's

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

It does vary with bitches when they come into season, Ive had them start a season at 5mths and at 13mths, but the seem to regulate after that and come in at around 6mths later, just be aware tho that what seems to be a season in between could be pyrometra so always get advice from you vet if this happens.

6. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

Her names Lady.

Here she is;

Attached Files:

#6 kiara, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  7. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

As a pup;;;;;;;;;;;

Attached Files:

8. Chezza79

Chezza79 PetForums Junior

Mia our Cocker Spaniel is just over 1 year, she had her first season in March which was just a light discharge that lasted almost 4 weeks then to our surprise she came into her second season 3 months later!!! This was alot heavier than the first but only lasted 2 weeks. We were very surprised as we were expecting the next season to be 6 months apart but have been told some dogs can have a 2nd season very close to the first.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice