Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Seasons

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Freyja, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

In all the years of owning bitches and everyone telling me oh my bitches always bring each other in season and it never happening to me I now have 3 bitches all in season together:eek:

Little Sally has been in season for a week and a half, Freyja came into season a couple of days ago and today Amber has decided to come into season too.

Oh well at least that is most of them in season so that it over with for another 6 months apart from the odd ones. Button has silent seasons, Zoe has seasons all over the place but the only male who goes out with her is Simba and he isn't interested in her. Tabitha has not long been in season and Micca at nearly 2 years has still not had her first Angel hasn't had a season in 18 months so that only leaves Lily to have a season now.

2. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

I had 3 in season at the same time last time, even though one had been in 3 months previous.

3. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Mine always bring each other in, thankfully fairly typically about Jan-April and then six months later in the year.

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I wasn't expecting Sally in season yet as her daughter Daisy is not quite 4 months old.

Freyja is actually lat she is normally in season for the hound show at the beggining of august and Amber hasn't had a season since about october last year but does go 12 months between seasons.

We think Micca may never have a season. She was born with her lady bits sideways the slit is at the side rather than the back and we were worned she may never have a season as she may not have developed properly inside.

5. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

I hate seasons!! My two puppies 8 and 9 month are both in season as is my two year old terrier. I'm glad they all come in together cos it means the boys are only a pain in the a**e for a few days rather than spread out for a few week!

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I think Freyja and Amber are enjoying each others company a little too much. Freyja is mounting Amber and then stand with her tail over her back rubbing her bum on Amber trying to get Amber to mount her:eek:

Yes I do trust them together even though they are both in season they share a crate at shows and ever since we have had Freyja she has always got on well with Amber and even if one or both of them are in season I can trust them together.

7. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

My little girls are still living together quiet happily. A couple of days ago I was sat watching out of the window and I knew I'd separated the boys from the girls, I have seperate paddocks and I have bolts on the gates as catches aren't doguie proof, anyway sat minding my own business with my cuppa tea and I mearly chocked.
    My little girl had mounted my other little girl but for a second it looked very 'real'. I dove up and then realised it was just the two girls! The boys where sat pinning at the othe side of the fence. My heart was racing, I knew I'd separated them but for a second I actually thought disaster was happening!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice