UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
My dog's aren't keen on getting up when it's dark in a morning! I think that they still think it's night time. Usually in spring/summer when it's light early in the morning they are wide awake and full of beans when I come downstairs but in autumn/winter they are still sprawled out in their crate and look at me in disgust for waking them. After a few mins they stand up stretching and yawning but they soon perk up when I get their food bowls out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I was thinking this morning how much easier it was having a pup in summer to now! I have to carry Bruno outside on a morning and he sort of shivers and mooches for a minute before grudgingly doing a pee and bolting back inside. In summer I could leave the back door open and Abi was in and out at will. They don't like walking in the dark much either!

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I suffer with seasonal changes!.. I'm a delicate little flower with a sensitive soul and i'm especially effected when it starts getting cold and grey outside. However... I seem to have noticed a change in Rufus this last week too. Usually he's full of beans in the morning, but the last few mornings have been dark and grey and he's not been bursting into life at normal wake up time. Instead he's opted to stay in bed, and has even declined my offer of a plastic bottle with tasty treats in (usually his favourite!). I suppose I ought to be concerned that he's ill, but he's not, he'll perk up later when it gets a bit lighter, but he just doesn't want to get up while it's dark. Must admit, I know how he feels! Luckily for him, he's not got a job to do :rolleyes: ... is any one elses dog the same?
I am delicate too :rolleyes: I hate this in the middle gloom before the bright days of frosty mornings!!

I think my boys just adjust to accommodate me..

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Lucky is the same :)

I was up at 6am yesterday and Lucky was pretending to be asleep :D
She kept perfectly still in her crate and didn't even move when she heard the wrapper on the tea bags (she thinks everything is food :rolleyes:)

In the summer though she was bright as a button early in the morning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.