Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Season Trends/In Fashion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SuperSimoholic, Mar 23, 2011.

1. SuperSimoholic

SuperSimoholic PetForums Senior

I got a question for you guys: Do you try to stay "In Fashion" and keep up with the latest style fads and what not, or do you just buy what you think looks nice, regardless of weather or not it's "In Style This Season"?

Personally... I couldn't give a toss about what fashion tells me I should be wearing. I dress for comfort - not just physical comfort, but emotional comfort. If I don't feel good in something, and think it looks stupid on me, never mind the fact that "everyone is wearing it" - I'm not going to wear it! And try to tell me that jeans are out and skirts are in - Piss off. :p

If you are someone who keeps up, tell us why!
    And if you're like me, give us your reasons why!

2. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

If I see something and like it I buy it. I buy for what I think will suit me and what I have taken a particular like to. I go with my own personal taste, not what I think is currently in trend or this seasons must have fashion statement. I just wouldn't be able to keep up to date with all that. :001_smile:

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

LOL, I have no idea what is 'in fashion' anymore! I don't go out much so only really buy clothes for work & outdoor wear.

If I do go clothes shopping it's generally in supermarkets as I hate shopping now. I had to buy a dress recently as I went out for a posh lunch with my mum & sister ..... I was almost panicked when I was in the clothes shop as I had no idea what to buy, what went with what, etc ...... am much more at home in Millets nowadays! :D

4. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Fashion? what's fashion? :lol:

I don't follow what's in fashion. I've reached an age where I'm past that, I buy things because a) they're in my price range, b) they suit me/my shape c) they're good quality and will last me years d) they suit my lifestyle - I find having a longhaired dog means I need clothes which particularly in the winter serve a couple of purposes. Like you I am also an emotional dresser. I need to feel comfortable in my clothes and there are some items I would put on if I was in a particular mood.

I would hate to be a slave to fashion :nonod:

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

most of the time i think whats in fashion looks terrible.....

I wear what i feel good wearing :)

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I like to follow my own defining fashion. Anything woolen, chunky knit, nice and warm, that's right up my street :) I can't stand a lot of materials that are popular in fashion right about now...not that I'd know much about it! I don't have the money to be buying many clothes so I don't bother clothes shopping!

7. jo1234

jo1234 PetForums Member

I try to keep up with trends however my fashion style isn't 'edgy' like catwalk style!
    I have to wear a uniform for work so when I'm off I don't like to wear trousers and am always in dresses and tights/leggings/heels. I'm a bit of a girly girl!

Although as soon as I get home the pyjamas go on and it's comfort all the way! :)

8. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I like to buy what in fashion, but only if i can afford it and i really like it cause most of it sseems so expensive!

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I'll wear what's in fashion...but only if I like it.:D
    Sometimes I go in the shops and just think 'yeach!! I'll come back next year!!'

10. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I wear stuff till it falls off me...couldn't care less what I look like as long as I'm warm...because I'm old...:D
    And don't have to impress anybody as to how much I've got.

If I was a Masai I would just have one cow.

11. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

When i used to go out clubbing yes.. Now the only fashion is dog walking fashion and i think ive lost my way slightly in all other areas.
    However i feel part of that is because i dont have a "style" anymore now Im 32 im sort of at a loss what look i should be goin for.. Think i need Gok-ing :lol:
    I have to say ive never liked looking like everyone else tho and it used to make me laugh seeing people in practically the same outfit.

12. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I buy cheap and nice stuff. I wouldn't know whether it was in fashion. Although I did like the 80's stuff that came back out.

What even is the fashion now?

13. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Im sick of seeing them god awful spiky shoulders

14. CharleyRogan

I don't even know what you are going on about!

15. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Arghh ill have to find a pic now :lol:

16. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I'm exactly like you.

I'm very much a trainers, jeans and hoody/t-shirt sort of gal.

But if I want to make an effort it's not fashionable. Yesterday I was wearing jeans, yellow pumps, a yellow vest top under a pale blue shirt with yellow detail and... a black trilby!

I hated seeing the kids in my class on non uniform days all wearing the same thing. I wasn't like them so I just wore whatever the hell I liked! I don't follow, I lead (= being on ma own!)

17. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

18. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

So im not the only sane person who thinks there horrific thank god :lol:

19. CharleyRogan

They are horrific! Lady Gaga springs to mind! I haven't seen anyone with them on!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice