Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

season after litter.

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by peppapug, Jul 8, 2009.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Maybe this is a better place to post this question:

my girl had a litter on her last season and 8 months later has finally come into season.

Is the season after a litter usually heavier or different. usually it is just the odd spits and spots. This time it is heavy, all over the inside of her legs and all over her fur.

Can't wait to get her spayed!

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Each dog is different, my dog years ago now mind, she came back into season 5 months after her litter and she was quite heavy but not as heavy as you mentioned. Prob normal I wouldnt worry to much, you are going to get her spayed so you wont have any probs after that. xx

3. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

My girls season after a litter is usually a little bit heavier than the normal season and is usually 4 months after the litter and then 6 months after that. Although my chi took nearly 8 months to come in after her litter, seemed to take forever.

take care
    Sarah

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Tegan normally goes about 5 months after her litter. If I remember correctly last time she had a season after a litter she was only in season for about 2 weeks. I suppose it varies from bitch to bitch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice