Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scrapped Vehicles

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, May 6, 2011.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I know you can put scrapped cars back on the road with a VIC check BUT my query is:

I bought a car and told it was a scrapped vehicle but hadn't been turned into a little cube and they sold it on to me. All legit from a garage.....

But I was told it would need a VIC check by the guy I bought it off and the DVLA would send me all the stuff that I needed when a V5 was applied for as they wouldn't supply one for a scrapped vehicle.... this morning I have a V5 in my name for that vehicle. I have phoned up the DVLA and asked them about it and they said it had no VIC marker by it so doesn't require one.

I'm not sure what to think! If it is indeed scrapped I'm gonna get pulled over by police for it numerous times before they get it into their heads that I have done everything in my power to find out what to do re: legal stuff. And if its not scrapped, why did he tell me it was?

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

if it has been scrapped it cant be put back on the road at all and the person who scrapped it should have a certifcate to prove that the waste carrier took the car

cat c or cat d will need to have a vic check when they have repaired and it will say on the v5 if the car has been cat c or d

cat a is total loss nothing can be used and cat b is loss but some bits can be removed and used

you wouldnt have got the v5 if it needed a vic

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Sorted then! Now all I have to do is send it back because they have put a completely different surname on it, with my address and reg :/

Now all I need is MOT, tax and insurance! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice