Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scoopfree litter tray advice!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lanaraex, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Lanaraex

Lanaraex PetForums Newbie

Hi all,
    I have the scoopfree tray and I’m very impressed... but with two indoor kitties I’m getting through a tray almost weekly!
    I know you can buy the forever litter tray online and wilko do a good crystal litter but the tray only seems to be sold internationally meaning I’m looking at £50 plus import costs! Does anyone have any advice where to find the forever litter tray cheaper?

Thank you.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

The cheapest I have seen it is on amazon.uk at £105 with free delivery. I doubt there is anywhere cheaper in the uk.

There have been comments in the past from other users of this tray that the only kind of litter that works properly with the tray is the makers own recommended litter. Other crystal litters apparently can jam the mechanism, and poo deposits can get pushed under the rake and have to be cleaned off manually. Just thought I'd mention it...

3. Lanaraex

Lanaraex PetForums Newbie

@chillminx thanka for reply. I already have the tray and use wilko litter as well as their own. But I was wondering if there were cheaper alternatives to the ‘forever litter tray’ instead of the disposable ones

chillminx likes this.
  4. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

Why don't you try Brit-pet? They're sieve trays, so you shake out the loose litter in the tray underneath, dump the clumps and solids, clean the used tray and pop it on the bottom of the pile. Rinse and repeat

LeArthur and Treaclesmum like this.
  5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Hooray, this is the one I was searching for! https://www.brit-pet.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1477

This looks great and they sell a hooded version. I’m looking to get this to replace a normal hooded tray in my bedroom, I use wood chip litter in that one, and with this I could just sieve and flush!

LeArthur likes this.
  6. LeArthur

LeArthur PetForums VIP

It's great! The wood litter lasts aaaaaaaages!!

Treaclesmum likes this.
  7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

LeArthur and Treaclesmum like this.
  8. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

That’s brilliant, especially as I usually buy my litter from there! And nice and cheap :)

I usually get Eco-grain which might also work, but will definitely try the recommended one first.

PetloverJo and chillminx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice