Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

scitty cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by wendimac, Mar 30, 2011.

1. wendimac

wendimac PetForums Newbie

Hi ime new here and have a problem with my 9yr old female called Maisie, altho she responds to my husband quite amicably, she will not even stay in the same room as me and scuttles away at the slightest movement from me, she has always been like this, obviously i have NEVER mistreated her. please can anyone tell me what to do, if anything. regarding getting her to be more at ease with me

2. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Who feeds her ? if it's your husband I would take over feeding her, I would avoid direct eye contact and just talk to her and feed her treats if she stays near you, I found sitting on the floor and reading a book outloud a great way to gain a cats trust as they can come and explore you and if you don't touch them or meet there eye they don't feel pressured. Also move slowly and fluidly and let her know that you are going to stand up and walk to the kitchen etc, my cats can jump or get startled by my husband as he is very quick and chaotic in his movements but if he talks to the cats to let them know he's about to move they don't dash off, I now realise I sound like a complete fruitloop that spends the day narrating my comings and going to the cats :blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice