Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Schools closing for the match!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sarybeagle, Jun 23, 2010.

1. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Anyone elses doing this?? My sons school is closing early so they can get home in time to watch it?! Jords chosen to watch it in the hall but it would of cost me £ to leave early to collect him and they've paid to wear football clothes to school to!!! Grrr I'm livid as to me it's only football and education is more important-final weeks of first yr in secondary.

My brother thinks I'm a spoilsport and obv ds is over the moon but what do you think??

I'm thinking why only do it for football, there are many other sports played ie tennis and they don't allow them to watch those matches.

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i agree with you tbh, we've just had an email round my work saying that next door (conference center) is offering a big screen telly to watch the footie on all invited...bloody ridiculous.

you don't see this on the final of the NPS or downhill world cup.. why the f should footie get special treatment, it's on ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I can't think of one good reason why they should pay to wear football clothes.I aslo dont think its a good idea for the schools to close.What about parents that dont have someone to collect their kids early?:(

4. tosca

tosca PetForums Member

Preposterous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

They can stay til end of school but have to go to the hall to watch football if no collection. Poxy school!!

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I was watching the telly a few days ago,and there was some business guy on there saying,if employers made a television available to its employees they wouldn't take "sickies" to watch the match.I can see the logic in that.:D

7. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

I do get it and dh had a similar email but has zero interest in football so whilst his work mates swan off early he is working on his own in the office!

I'm sure there are many workers who would love to watch but don't have jobs you can just down tools in-dr's nurses etc

8. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

It's a sign of what our education systme has become ... I am living in Wales, and am English, but guess who has to work during the match - ME!!!

Not that I am interested really, England have played so poorly up to now. But to encourage kids to bunk off school for a sporting event ... what are they going to do when the olympics are here!

9. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

You don't actually think kids do anything in the last few weeks before school finishes up lol!

10. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

my twos school are not closing,,, and personally I think it is terrible that the schools are closing early just for a bloody football match... please, i know we are playing but it is still very bad.

11. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Not as such but he's meeting new form tutor etc and next yrs new teachers are visiting etc so for me that's just as important as not missing his maths lessons this afternoon.

I dread to think what's happening for the olympics :0

12. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

My boys school isn't closing early................ I think it's bad if schools do tho :mad:

He will want to run home tho..... horns and blower things have already started, and the f*cking neighbours behind me are in the garden pis*ed as ars*holes chanted....... Come on England, come on England.. and blowing those bloodly horns...........Grrrrrrr

Hmmmm...... I may have to water the garden early today with the hose and aim a little higher over the fence.......:lol:

13. karen09

karen09 PetForums Member

I love the water over the fence idea. the school i work at is letting parents collect children early or they can watch the match in the school hall. The school my daughter goes to isnt doing anything as far as i know.

I HATE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

14. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Ha Ha........ I think i wait till the last 5 min of the game............:lol:

15. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Chool tv broken LOL so they're ringing all parents to come collect the kids as they can't watch it!!!! Ooooo that'll teach u :)

16. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

DD's closed 15mins early, that's nothing really, I don't see the problem.. they had a football day friday and paid a pound to wear football clothes or dress down, money went to charity

It's a few min's on one day, not like it's a day or a week. those that can't leave early are being looked after and are allowed to watch it.

I think it's a nice idea :) LET KIDS BE KIDS!! they work hard at school, give em a break ;)

17. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

I'm not really bothered by it, me and DD are at home and it is on in the background. OH is at the pub as was let out early..

I like the way the country (Or most of it) comes together. the street by mine has flags EVERYWHERE! they even have banners down the road from one house to the one opposite, it looks great :)

Come on, it's just 90mins today..

18. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I totally agree :thumbup:

19. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

My school banned the teacher's from even mentioning it (although they did!). In Geography last lesson my teacher went "Since you're all behaving so well I'm sure checking the score won't hurt..." :laugh: bless him. Not to say some people skived off to watch the match.

20. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Sorry I think this a stupid comment. Of course kids DO STUFF in the last few weeks of school. There is still 4 weeks left, maybe in the last week (or even last few days) when everyone IS ready for summer but as a pupil right now I can't even understand that comment because it's certainly not like that and shouldn't be like that YET in secondary schools at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice