UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Could anyone please recommend a good place or beginner tracking training or taster sessions? I'd love to try it with one of my guys :) Preferably in the Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire area but can travel.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
I have done a couple of scent workshops with Pam Mackinnon (Talking Dogs) see link Welcome to Talking Dogs Scentwork & have really enjoyed them. We are now booked up for step #3 which involves searching trains at Railworld in Peterborough - I can't wait! :D

I have also been doing some tracking ( I was recommended a book - Tracking Dog by Glen R Johnson) which is brilliant, really interesting & gives a training plan. I have also been to see a couple who compete in WT for advice regarding tracking but am not sure I have seen any courses specifically for this but other members have posted previously about attending these so should be able to give you some info.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
I would definitely recommend contacting your local WT club to see if you can attend any event they hold as a spectator. You can then watch the tracking stakes & have a chat to the people involved for advice, etc.

I attended one near Kings Lynn recently & had a fantastic weekend, everyone was so friendly & gave me lots of advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be checking those sites out as well. I am also in the market for some some back shoes as I have found when I am running with the dog and after I am in extreme pain, but only sometimes. I am thinking this will help out a little! Lets hope anyway...I love the sport too much to give it up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.