Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scary

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Mar 24, 2011.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Been to talk to someone at the gym today and to fill in some forms and arrange a proper induction. The woman who was filling in the forms started listing all the equipment she wanted me to try out and the excercises she wants me to do:eek:, I cant belive the huge list, half of the things Ive never even heard of, Im very much out of my comfort zone :(, even going in to have a look around was flippin scary, loads of bulked up men glaring at me for entering their kingdom :eek:.

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Arrrrkkkkkk!!!! :arf: I HATE gyms!!! I can't stand all the posy people, especially the wimmin who slather on the make-up BEFORE they go out to exercise. I mean ...EH???? What is the point of that?? If you're doing it properly you're gonna get all red, hot & sweaty which means you get the war paint all over your towel. :eek:ut:

I've got a walker thingy at home which I do about 5 times a week. I stick on a Dr Who dvd (David Tennant of course!!) and walk away the poundage. I'm SO busy drooling :drool: over the lovely DT that I forget I'm exercising. It's great!!!! :thumbup:

3. thedogsmother

Should I take a towel :confused:, what else will I need to take, seriously Ive never been to a gym before :eek:.

4. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

I'd take a towel, some gyms have showers I think. Last time I went I was 15 though....
    Would so love to go but I could never go without a friend and I don't have any of those so... that's that lol

Good luck :)

5. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Take a towel, a drink bottle full of water and a change of clothes in case you get really sweaty hun. Once you get into it you won't notice the other people there and sod them anyway. Your there for you, not them.

Don't be afraid of the equipment. My fav is the elliptical trainer.

oo make sure you have some small change too in case you get a locker for your other clothes etc.

6. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I reckon this sudden warm weather has gone to your head! :eek:ut:

But good for you - am sure you'll soon get used to it all and enjoy it at some point.... :smilewinkgrin:

7. thedogsmother

Yaaay you made it back alive, you didnt get whined to death then? :lol:

8. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I just switched off after 'I'm going to report you to Childline for starving me'... well, I said, 'go for it' and she soon shut up!!!! :lol:
    All that rushing and we were kept waiting 25 minutes at the dentist!! :mad:

9. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

10. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

boyfriend said i should join a gym now its gettin to summer but at £50 a month i dont think so :eek:

11. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Cheeky sod!!! I hope you gave him a smack in the teeth for that. :D Tell him if 'HE' is that concerned for your good health then 'HE' can pay for your membership. He'll be quick enough to change his mind after that!! :thumbup:

12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Now that's my idea of excercising. Better still, replace the walker thingy with a cuppa and a nice chocky bicky. Cuppa, bicky and the gorgeous David Tennant,what a perfect way to spend an afternoon.

13. metame

metame PetForums VIP

surely sumer's the time to get OUT and do execrise? not do it in a gym?!

and TDM i always took a bottle of water and a towel but never took my towel in the gym with me so gave up taking it in the gym anyway as i showered when i got home :p

14. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

[​IMG]

Give me a T!
    Give me a D!
    Give me a M!

Gooooooo TDM!

Screw those guys, you'll start feeling great... once the initial pain has worn off...

If they have a sauna/stream room take your cossie. They're great after a work out and should be paid for with your gym membership.

metame likes this.
  15. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Don't worry about the guys, they're probably just trying to work out how much sexier you'll get from the gym ;)

Good for you for starting though :) I don't have a good gym that's close enough so I never go, the uni one is like 45 minutes away :(

Oh yeah, and you WILL get sweaty, so don't wear grey, and bring a towel to wipe down equipment before and after you use it, the amount of germs in a gym is disgusting lmao!

16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Some important things you need for a visit to the gym:

1. Loose clothing for exercising in. Pale coloured tops hide the sweaty marks. Dark coloured tops hide the blood when you kill your personal instructor.

2. Towels:
    Small towel for wiping down equipment after sweating buckets all over it. Essential for removing DNA evidence of presence in gym if personal instructor has been 'taken out' (see note 1 above). Posh gyms will provide these, or equivalent, FOC.
    Larger Towel for shower afterwards if your preference is to shower on the premises.

3. Bottle of water or activity type drink to ensure fluids are replenished. Whilst it is appreciated that Vodka, Gin, Wine, Beer etc would help to dull the pain of your work-out, they are not recommended as you will look totally uncool when you fall off a stationary bike!

4. A pound coin for your changing room locker. Posh gyms can work this slightly differently where your membership card is used to release the locker key. Really sh*tty gyms will request a small child / mortgage papers / large limb be left at the reception desk as a returnable deposit.

5. MP3 player with a playlist set up of all your favourite 'fast' songs to keep you motivated as you exercise. It is recommended that a couple of extra loud Death Metal numbers be included to drown out the screams of your personal instructor as you break every bone in their body for putting you through hell!

We hope you have a wonderful & enjoyable experience. :thumbsup:

Shrap and bexy1989 like this.
  17. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I did :eek: to which he replied ... 'yea okay' not exactly the answer i hoped for :cryin::nono:

18. adam87

adam87 PetForums Member

I worked in a gym years ago, I enjoy being in them while I'm there but never go, trouble is that there are usually sum muscle man staring you out the whole time making you feel uncomfortable..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice