Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scared of baths?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by astro2011, Feb 10, 2012.

1. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

Not this dog! He wants back in :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

I also weighed him today and he is a whopping 17.5kg already!

3. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

My old spaniel Bracken, loved water, the muddier the better or so it sometimes seemed to me.
    A few years back when we were putting in a days work on our local shoot, I was given the task of driving one of the guns wives around, a charming American lady who took great interest in proccedings, especially in how the spaniels went about their business. As usual, By the end of the day Bracken was wet and muddy, as were most of the other dogs. On arriving back at the keepers cottage the lady was suprised that he didn't leap from the back of the car when I opened it, instead he cowered as far away from the open door as he could.
    '' Goodness'' she said.'' Whatever's up with him.? He's been leaping out enthusiastically all day.''
    Of course I knew what his problem was, I'd lived with it for years, he knew that the hosepipe was to be the next thing on the agenda and he hated it it with a passion. The American lady couldn't quite get her head around the fact that here was a dog that had been more than happy to dive into the river and wade out into ponds all day to pick up game, reduced to a wreck by the thought of getting hosed clean, but as you can see from the attatched photo, sometimes tough love is the only answer.

Attached Files:

4. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

I haven't used the hose on him as he still fits in the bath easily. Your old springer looks amazing:001_wub:

5. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Thanks, he was. I loved him to bits but goodness he did attract muck..

6. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Aww bless him!

My Katy puppy also loves the bath, I had a hamster cage in the bath soaking the other day, and she jumped in to play in the water!
    [​IMG]
    Big water bowl! by Niseag, on Flickr

7. kcmd02

kcmd02 PetForums Member

Oscar absolutely loves water.. He's an excellent swimmer and I believe his favorite activity is playing fetch in the water :) On one occasion when he was still a pup (under a year old), we had him at Jamie (my boyfriend's) Nan's house visiting.. He was in their backyard, not on a leash. There is a pond not far behind their house. At the time we didn't know how much Oscar loved the water. Well as soon as he caught a glimpse of the pond he took off and ran in the water :p Had to chase him to get him out because at the time I was nervous of letting him swim on his own as he wasn't even a year old.

Lucky on the other hand is petrified of baths. Have never even attempted swimming since she hates the water so much. Hilariously, she knows when she's getting a bath, too. She must hear us talking about it :p Whenever the water is filling up for her to get in, she ends up hiding away and we literally have to carry her up the stairs to put her in the tub.. There's NO WAY she'll come up willingly if there's a bath involved. Haha.

Once she's getting a bath she's too scared to move. She stands up straight the whole time lol. When she gets out she goes nuts. Must be some of her happiest moments because she knows the nightmare is over. :p

#7 kcmd02, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  8. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

My Oscar is also a water baby ...But he has his own private bath....

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      159.2 KB
      Views:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice