Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scans on rats back

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by ohmeohmy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ohmeohmy

ohmeohmy PetForums Newbie

So my old boy dean has three little scabs going down his back (along his spine). I’ve checked him over for mites/fleas and he’s all clear. We’ve recently got two young males who do try to play fight with him a bit. They all get along great and it’s not aggressive and if they get carried away, Dean soon puts them in their place. Do you think it’s just bites from over excited playing or something to worry about? When we lost out last boy, I’d noticed a small scab similar to what dean has (Sam only had one) so just a bit paranoid that it’s something sinister. We’re not completely sure how Sam died, but he was displaying a few signs of a PT. is skin cancer a thing in rats? I’ve cleaned the scabs with hibiscrub and am keeping an eye on them. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated, thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice