Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scanning my bitch

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Ede, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

Hello,

I am after any thoughts and opinions please. I mated my lab 3 weeks ago today and I have a scan booked to confirm if she is in pup or not in 2 weeks time but I’m wondering if I could get a scan booked in earlier any time in the next week would it be accurate and show? The reason being is I want to see if I can book a weekend away in October or not but if she is pregnant obviously nothing will be planned!!

2. David C

David C PetForums Senior

Anytime from day 28 .

3. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

That’s great, thank you very much for the reply someone has been in touch to say that she will be able to scan for a definite yes or no on day 27 or after. Is there chance could still miss anything with it being quite early?
    Keep my fingers crossed!!! :)

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Scans are not always accurate but hopefully she is in pup and they will show up clearly

Ange1995 likes this.
  5. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

Ok well its just a long wait now until next week but will keep my fingers crossed I wouldn’t say there’s any changes in her but I guess it’s only 3 weeks today so I shouldn’t really be seeing anything should I??

6. David C

David C PetForums Senior

No way to early to notice any physical changes

7. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

yes I thought it was way too early to notice anything... I will wait to find out on Wednesday

David C likes this.
  8. Ange1995

Ange1995 PetForums Newbie

28 day scans are very unreliable I would wait until day 32 I spoke to a scanner today about this topic as were in similar situations my bitch is 27 days post AI and I rush and got a scan and nothing showed so I panicked and spent £110 on a blood test from vets that’s confirmed pregnancy shes just to early to see on a scan I have to wait until day 32 for a rescan x

9. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

I can confirm I got my dog scanned at 27 days and she is showing definitely 8 pups possibly 9...

10. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

I am looking to buy the book of a bitch that I have seen on a lot of forums... I seem to be finding 2 different types?? Can someone please put a link or advise which book it is I should get?
    Thank you

11. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I’ve had this for years but replaced it a couple of times as it gets updated.

I looked to see what’s on Amazon. The one with the Golden Retriever on is the one I have; the one with the BC/puppies I would guess is a newer version?

You could check publishing dates.

12. Ede

Ede PetForums Junior

I have had a look and the ones with the BC on the cover seems to be the newer version but struggling to get it as although it is on Amazon it’s not showing as being delivered until earliest of October 5th and she is due around 22nd and the book shops all seem to be out of stock!! Doh...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice