Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Scabby Ears

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lisa Franklin, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

Hi Everyone,

Harry seems to have scabby ears, it has only been for the last week. I noticed that he seems to have scraped his ear and taken quite a long peace of skin off his ear, I kept an eye on this and that has now healed but now he has a few little scabs on both of his ears. I have checked the hutch and there are no insects in there and I cannot see anything that he would be catching his ears on, Honey is fine and there is nothing on her ears.

Does anyone have any advise they could give me or is it another trip to the vets for poor Harry?

Thanks

2. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Could it possibly a case of ear mites? The vet should be able to let you know for deff!

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

yep its another visit to the vets hun, hope he is ok x

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

as a thought check none of his nails have recently broken and scratching

5. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Inside or outside his ears? If it is inside then I would definately get him checked for earmites, after what happened to Kodi I wont be leaving any scabs on ears unchecked.

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice