Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

SBT & Beagles,

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emilylp, Aug 1, 2009.

1. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Whats the general price of a sbt?

& whats the general price of a beagle?

just regualr colours ect.

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Hi,
    The average price of a SBT puppy is between £400 - £600,there are a variety of colours within the breed,no colour is rare.
    All Staffords should be tested for L2/HC and screened for PHPV & PPSC.

3. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

SBT average puppy price £300-£500
    Beagle average puppy price £500-£800

I think so anyway x

4. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

there is the odd ''cheap'' one , ive been lookking around at staffys like in the sun and stuff and some are breeders but selling them cheap with the papers and everything, for like 250 pounds

5. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

All I can is be careful and research the bloodlines,good Staffords with good breeding, bloodlines & tested won't be that cheap.If you are serious about getting a SBT Pup I would advise you to go through one of the breed clubs.

6. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

is it bad if there not like 100% pure bred?

Or if they are a pure breed but there just been sold cheap?

cause im guessing that any dog could be mixed with a bit of another dog?

or can it make staffys aggressive if there not a thorough bred?

7. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

8. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

No, however you need to be aware of the DDA,if it grows up to look "type"then it could be seized and destroyed.

Possibly,

Yes but good breeders tend to stck to their own breed and cross anything in.

Depends what has been mixed in and how the dog is brought up.

9. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

what is the type?

looking like a pitt bull or anything vicious?

10. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I wouldn't buy from that litter,no mention of been KC Registered,pedigree, health tests etc.
    Another thing that puts me off is the fact they own both Sire and Dam,probably to save on costs of a stud dog.

11. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

It means it has charateristics of the Pitbull,it is based purely on looks not the actions of the dog.

12. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

If it looks like a pittbull type it can be seized and destroyed as Sallyanne has said :)
    Personally i would pay good money for a dog e.g. £500-£600, and also that they had been helth tested etc. Just so i was sure i had a good healthy quality of dog.

13. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

hmm , well i quite like a few other dogs to , cocker spaniels, springer spaniels, german spitz,beagles.

There seems to be a large controvosty over bull terrier types and i can imagine walking one down the street may cause some stern looks from people with kids.I just wish that they wasnt steriotyped with every dog thats ever done bad

#13 emilylp, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  14. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

15. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

16. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

17. Patterdale_lover

We breed these breeds, and although we breed working version, be aware they are very high energy dogs, that need a lot of training, exercise and stimulation. Especially springers. So if you do opt for one of these breeds do be aware of how much exercise and playimt ehtye will need. We give ours 30 mins walk in the morning 30-40 min walk at night, out in the garden during the day, lots of playing and running around, and training. Weekends they get 3-4 hour training session in morning and 40 min walk at night. How ever the show cocker spaniel is more docile than the working type :) So i suggest you get a show if you do get any :D

18. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

yeh i think there realyyyyyy cute,

there things like sprockers lol
    springer X cocker, i wouldnt mind one of them , may only be a cross breed but there beautiful, hwo big would a springer X cocker be? lol

19. Patterdale_lover

Whoa both comined :s you sure you would be okay with that lol. Well it depends on the size of the parents. It could vary from being quite small to quite large, depending what is the prodominant gene.

20. lauren001

lauren001 PetForums VIP

Common things are common.

If you look at the cheap end of the market, then perhaps you may find a good health testing breeder who is finding it difficult to rehome pups and is doing cheaper deals.

However you are far more likely to find dodgy people selling dodgy pups.

People like bargains and enter into deals knowing full well they are getting a "pedigree" pup for a ridiculous sum and don't want to look too closely into it.
    They come on here and places like it moaning about how hard done they are when things go wrong, sickly pups, uncontactable breeders, puppy farmers, pet shop buys etc. They slag off good breeders for the prices they charge, yet still want help when the "cheap" pup is found to be unregisterable or ends up requiring huge vet bills or worse case scenario dies.

You get what you pay for in the majority of cases. If you cannot afford the normal price for a pedigree pooch then look at breed rescue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice