Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Saying goodbye to Pebbles tomorrow:-(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jem29, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

My husband had an asthma attack tonight, it has got worse and worse and I had to take him to hospital. We were told we have to re home him, hubby is reacting too bad to the kitten.

I am heart broken and can't stop crying.

My friend has offered to have him, she adores cats and has one so Pebbles will have a friend:) but I am dreading tomorrow and not sure I am strong enough to do it. I am dreading telling my daughter tomorrow morning, she is only 3 and adores Pebbles. My other son tonight was hysterical crying when we told him, our middle son won't be bothered I am sure, nothing bothers him:rolleyes:

I just don't know how I am going to get through tomorrow. I had my mother do this to me when I was a child because she hated the kitten being around and I felt sick for weeks after he left, now I have to go through it all again.

I know it is for the best, I can't expct my hubby to live like this:(

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh honey I'm sorry :( at least you know where he is going and will be able to see him often :)

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Awwww, You're doing it for the best! I hope tomorrow goes fine for you! :D

4. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

I can't stop crying:(:(

Thank you.

5. nanamoo

nanamoo PetForums Member

*huge hugs*

im really sorry that you have to re-home pebbles. but at least it is not a forever goodbye as your friend will be having her so you and the kids can visit her

maybe tell your youngest that pebbles made daddy poorly and that pebbles has to go to stay with your friend so she doesnt make daddy poorly again and make arrangements with your friend for weekly visits?

6. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

Thanks,

Yes I told my daughter that and she has been great about it. My middle child has been fine too but my eldest is very upset, as am I. I have only had 4 hours sleep and am dreading taking him later on:(

7. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Oh no I hope hubby is ok, some people have allergies that are just too strong and nothing helps unfortunately :(

Hopefully if you're friend will have him you will still be able to see him, I know its not the same but its best for hubby, good luck :)

8. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

My husband gets very bad asthma around cats unfortunatly, so bad he ended up needing hospital treatment last night.

I know it is for the best but I am so upset today:(

9. kazijay

kazijay PetForums Member

there is always another solution send your husband to live with your friend Ha Ha --- no seriously it is very difficult my partner has asthma --although the cats don't cause his asthma when he is having a tough time the cats seem to make things worse. When this happens i just hoover more, he avoids the cats as much as possible and take more medication - difficult when i have seven cats. But he knows exactly where he stands if he is asthma is really bad!!!!! I have had cats a lot long than him!!!

10. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

OMG how awful. I really feel for you. Like others have said at least pebbles is going to a friend and not a stranger. Although, it will be difficult seeing him though. My brother has asthma and when he visits he gets bad as does a friend of mine.
    Sharon
    x

11. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i am so sorry it has came to this :(
    i hope your hubby feels better soon.

The one good thing to come is pebbles will not have a friend and you no he is goin to a safe home where he will be loved and looked after with no restrictions.

big hugs sent to you and pebbles

12. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

so sorry that you have to rehome pebbles at least you can see her as she is with your friend

viv xx

13. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I am so so sorry those pet wipes didn't work for you!!:(
    These allergies are a real pain. Just wish they could find a cure.
    We can't have dogs cause my husband has a bad reaction to them.Luckily we are ok with cats.
    It's nice that your friend will look after pebbles for you.
    Does she live far from you?
    If not, you could still see her and still have lots of cuddles with her.
    Also you may become more closer to your friend as well.
    Sending you a Big Hug.

14. Rraa

Rraa PetForums VIP

dear Jem - so sorry it has come to this but in the end, your family are important too and at least you have found an excellent home for Pebbles. Big hugs :):):):)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice