Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Say yes to the dress

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MiffyMoo, Jun 11, 2017.

1. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Does anyone else watch this? I randomly came across it a few weeks ago and am now totally hooked!

What really shocks me is how opinionated family and friends are, even to the point of being really mean to the bride, and admitting that they won't be happy until the bride goes with their choice. :eek:

It reminds me of a girl who used to do my hair. She told me that both his and her family got so opinionated over every single aspect of her wedding that they cancelled it, flew to Las Vegas and got married there on their own. When they returned her aunt and his sister refused to speak to her for about two years. Poor girl, what was meant to be the happiest day of her life was ruined by other people's selfishness :(

2. Team_Trouble

Team_Trouble PetForums VIP

I really don't know why people make such a huge deal out of weddings. It would be my absolute worst nightmare to have any wedding at all! I don't even like going to ones I'm invited to. Can't believe how entitled people feel to say what they like about something that is not their business.

Franksthename and MiffyMoo like this.
  3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

What channel is it on . Ive not heard of it .
    I watch Dont tell the Bride , where the groom organises the wedding !

MiffyMoo likes this.
  4. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I love this programme! It's ridiculous, yet addictive :)

Happy Paws and MiffyMoo like this.
  5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

It's on TLC right now

6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Ah, I only have Freeview .

7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I watched one the other day and a couple of the family members, one a mum and one a sister were actually really cruel to the brides.

Yes they were fat, but they still deserve to feel beautiful not told they look dreadful in certain dresses. There are ways to steer them towards the right dress without destroying them in the process. Really bitchy!

The 2 ladies who run the shop are brilliant! :)

Team_Trouble and MiffyMoo like this.
  8. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Noooo!

kimthecat likes this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm too tight to pay for TV Channels :D

MiffyMoo likes this.
  10. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Oh you're talking about Curvy Brides! Oh hell, I have a problem, I watch too many of these. I watched one last night and the poor bride was in tears because the first wedding dress shop she went to had been really mean to her about her weight. Nobody should be made to feel so bad about themselves when wedding dress shopping, especially by a complete stranger

Lurcherlad likes this.
  11. Team_Trouble

Team_Trouble PetForums VIP

Wish I could watch it, I only have freeview.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  12. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

My niece and her husband got married in Las Vegas, they didn't want a big overdone wedding, wanted something they wanted rather then what they thought everyone else expected.

A couple I know have decided to pop up to Gretna Green and not tell the family as it's getting so fraught. They are both on a second marriage and just want to make the day their own

MiffyMoo likes this.
  13. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

My sister went on her own to get her wedding dress. She got exactly what she wanted and looked gorgeous in it because she felt gorgeous in it. Any dress can look amazing if you wear it with confidence.

But picking the bridesmaids' dresses made her a tad fraught cos she was trying to please 3 women who are girly and me. Who isn't girly at all. So I gave in gracefully and wore the froofy dress the other three wanted.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  14. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

:(

15. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

The one time I was a bridesmaid, the bride got all our dresses and told us that if we didn't like them, we needed to suck it up, as it's her wedding and she chose them to compliment her dress. Thankfully they were really great dresses

kimthecat likes this.
  16. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

I have never been married, but have never wanted a big one. I think that a cute little venue in the country, quickest nuptials ever and then onto the important part, food and drink!

Team_Trouble and Siskin like this.
  17. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Good for her! That's exactly what I'd do.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  18. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Well exactly!

On the flip side, another friend of mine got married and asked her sister to try and cover up and not turn up as if she was going clubbing. Sister immediately rebelled and turned up in a bum grazing, boob flashing, tight as anything dress. My friend just rolled her eyes, but I was pretty cross.

19. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

My husband came with me to choose my dress - the shop staff were horrified but we've always been odd so we didn't give a damn - he also did my hair for me on the morning which nearly gave my mum and sister heart failure :Hilarious:Hilarious I couldn't give a monkeys whether other people liked it or not, I can't say as I loved it but I was never going to love any big white frilly dress and as I hate people looking at me I shot down the aisle like a bat out of hell anyway and took it off as soon as was decent afterwards.

20. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Might have been better off not saying anything there.........

MiffyMoo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice