Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Saw the kittens and they are sooo cute

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kidsandcats, Jul 20, 2009.

1. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hi
    I went to see the litter of kittens, they are gorgeous! I have taken photo's but I don't think I can upload them being new on here I don't think I have posted enough. Maybe somebody could tell me if I can or not?

I need someone to tell me whether they think they are going to be long haired or not as my hubby doesn't like long haired cats. The breeder said she couldn't tell yet as they are only 3 weeks old. I personally don't think they are but I could be wrong. Also, wanted some advice on what sex to have. I have always had boy cats but the breeder said that girl cats tend to not stray so far and I really want to train my cats to not rely on going out too much and to stay fairly close by if they do. Hubby thinks we should have one of each sex as they are the same colours and he wants two the same whereas if we have two boys or two girls they will both be different. Will a boy and a girl be as close as two of the same sex?? Our last two brothers were very close and would like that again.

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

And may i ask what is wrong with long haired cats ?

3. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Hi!

We are getting a boy and a girl. I think generally they are more likely to get on. My only worry is that they'll mate and we'll a new litter of our own! I've already spoken to our vet and we're going to discuss it further when they go for their jabs.

You can add a picture by clicking on the paper clip icon and adding the photo there. (I've put a picture up of Casper on a different thread asking about long haired cats. (I don't know what sort of cat I've got either).

Kori

4. kidsandcats

That is exactly what I said to my hubby. I think long haired cats are gorgeous. I think it's because our friends have two but they don't look after them properly and they look a mess with matted fur etc. He thinks that they will take a lot of looking after!! But, I am at home all the time and will have plenty of time to groom them, it will give me an excuse to cuddle them and bond with them more!! Since talking to him tonight and reassuring him that I will look after them he has come round to the idea anyway so that's good news. They probably are short hair as the mother is but won't know for sure for a couple of weeks. Do you have long hair cats then midnight?
    Sharon
    x

5. kidsandcats

Hi Kori

I must admit I quite fancy the idea of breeding but need to talk to the vet as well to discuss our options. Here is the boy, isn't he cute. His sister looks the same but a bit more stripy and not as much ginger in her. I took a photo of the other boy who is black and white as at the time thought we were going to have 2 boys. It's a shame we can't have all 4!! Thanks for the tip on how to attach the photo, that's if I have done it right lol!!
    Speak soon
    Sharon
    x

Attached Files:

6. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Looks shorthaired to me.

When you say breeding do you mean breeding peds or mogs?

7. kidsandcats

I'm not sure? I doubt my husband would like the idea anyway, he says 2 cats are enough so if I decided to breed pedigree I would need two more cats as these kittens are mogs. I'm the true cat lover, he just likes cats. He does get attached if they like him lol!!! Our last two cats that we had for 15 years liked him and not me so you can never tell. We rescued them from a local vet who said the kittens were born to a stray. They were found in a ladies shed and she kept them for 5 months shut up and they were not sure if they had been looked after properly. They didn't like any ladies only men so it makes you wonder! My Ted and Dusty who we lost last month were devoted to me through and through, they were my shadow and my husband used to get upset in the evenings when they were all over me on the sofa and didn't sit on him. The only time they did was if I wasn't sitting down.

If I bred I am not sure if I could cope with letting the kittens go anyway, I get really attached and think it would break my heart to see them go!

I might look of the breeding forum to get an idea?

S
    x

8. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

Hello!

Your kitten looks really cute! I am counting down the days till I get mine home!

Kori x

9. kidsandcats

Hi Kori

I'm soooo excited. It will be really nice to have something to look forward to when we come home from our holiday. Normally I am sad to come home from a holiday, but we won't be this time as we have collecting the kittens to look forward to.

I am going to call the lady who has them again today to ask if she will take a bed from us so that the kittens can use it so then when we bring them home they will have their sent on it. When we got Ted and Dusty the lady who fostered them let us have their bed and they had no problems settling so I think this was a huge help.

We are now trying to think of some names. We will wait until we actually have them though as they will change and depending on the coat, colouring and temperement we can then choose a name that will suit.

Have you thought of any names?

Sharon
    x

10. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Yes Sharon i have 2 Beautiful Black long haired Rescue girls ;) the secret is to keep their bum area and back legs and tail brushed and Bingo ! no problems ! well i haven't had a problem as yet :001_tt2: :D think yours will be short haired though by looking at them i can post a piccy of my girls when they got thrown out at 8 weeks old you will see they are longer haired .

Kim x

#10 Midnight, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  11. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

looking at the pics i would def say they are shorthaired and little cuties

12. kidsandcats

Ah yes please Kim, I'd love to see a pic of your cats. I am really not worried either way to be honest and hubby has fallen for them anyway I think!

I think it must be quite therapeutic to groom cats! I haven't needed to before. Do you have any problems with them not liking being brushed, or do they enjoy it. I suppose if you do it from an early age they would be used to it wouldn't they.

Thanks for your tips.
    Sharon
    x

13. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i personally love grooming my cats one didnt take to it at first so i got a grooming mit (the thing with the little rubber bits on the palm) and my short haired cats all prefer that

14. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

No Sharon they hate the brush when they see it coming they run !!! :D

Here is Midnight and Storm at 8 weeks they look so sad :(
    [​IMG]

and my girls now at 11 months if only that woman could see them now :mad:;)
    [​IMG]

15. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Funny thing is though their sister City is short haired !!! :D
    [​IMG]

16. kidsandcats

Ah how cute and how can somebody just abandon these gorgeous creatures! Your girls are absolutely gorgeous, well done for taking them in and raising such a lovely pair! I bet you are really proud of them both!

They do look a bit furrier than our 2 although it is so hard to tell at 3 weeks. Will just have to wait and see. Will definately invest in a good brush if they are and thanks for the tip on the mitt type.

Sharon
    x

17. kidsandcats

Ah City is lovely too. She looks very regal sitting there, like on her thrown bless her!

18. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Glady to help ! ;) Keep us posted when you get them :D and remember......... LOT'S of piccy's :thumbup:

Kim x

19. kidsandcats

Will do!
    Thanks again for your advice and tips!
    Sharon
    x

20. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

midnight.. am very jealous your cats are gorgeous.. City looks like my grans old cat Brutus and your long haired ones look like my mums old cats Zack and Toots

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice