Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Saved a little old beagle today

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

On the way home from the town next to us we saw what we thought was a little Calico cat running down the country lane towards the road we were on. Well it wasnt a cat but a little old beagle scampering down the road.

We saw no one in sight so turned around to go fetch her when we realized she had crossed the road so had to then turn around again. We lost her when she scampered into someones drive way to only see her 100ft again down the road.

My mom quickly crossed the lanes and pulled up infront of her and I jumped out and ran behind the car to not see her :confused: Was like where she go??

To walk around the car to find her by the front drivers side. Said here puppy puppy here with a big grin and arms opened wide. She shyly creept over and gave her a good pat and made sure to hold onto her collar.

Carefully scooped up the poor old greying hair beagle and carried her to the car.

This is when we met Remi called her Id number but no answer (mean while my mom was melted away by her sad looks) so we headed back to the road we first saw her on and picked the first farm we saw.

Pulled up to see a large fenced in area and another younger beagle inside to then see a lady who was frantically looking around the garden (Remi was so tiny maybe wieghed 5 pounds) called out are yeh lookin for a dog and up popped remi's head on the window.

The lady thanked us so much and said she was surprised Remi and even come to us as she is very very skittish. Apparently her husband was somewhere near by hunting and the gun fire must have spooked remi who then dug under the fence and tore off. (She had found a small hole in the fence)

I didnt realise Beagle were so adorable:eek:

#1 Miss.PuddyCat, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    Dally Banjo likes this.
  2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

aww happy ending, good quick thinking of you and your mum

3. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

Aww.... happy ending for the dog then!
    The owner must have been frantic!
    Aw, must have felt good to see it go so well :)

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I know Im soo happy we found her owners it was a local number so she had to live near by. My mom said if no one had picked up and we couldn't find the home we would have brought her home and kept trying the number but then my brother would have wanted to dognap her lol

The owner said Remi is skittish and was actually her daughters dog. But her daughter had children and Remi was terrified of them. Look like Remi has a blast on the farm it looked like paradise

5. Mindy

Mindy PetForums Junior

Awww that is brilliant the wee dog was rescued:thumbup: I think beagles are lovely. Glad she is back home safely with her family.

6. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Aww well done you :) how can u resist thoses eyes though ;) xx

7. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Awwwwwwwwww a happy ending thanks :)

8. hollie.hocks

hollie.hocks PetForums Member

Ah, what a lovely story, I hope if Alfie ever gets out somebody does the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice