Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sarah Everard Missing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by willa, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willa

willa PetForums VIP

This is incredibly scary and worrying. A 33 year old lady in London has vanished without a trace. She was walking from Clapham Common area to her home in Brixton, around 9pm last week. Hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Gosh I pray for a miracle & she’s found safe and well .

If anyone lives in the area please keep a look out or think if you may have noticed something.

LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  2. willa

willa PetForums VIP

What is this world coming to. A serving Metropolitan Police Officer has been arrested

3. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Poor woman it’s not looking good let’s hope they find some answers soon.

4. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

It doesnt look good. And the fact they have arrested a serving officer from the Met. Beggars belief.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I just read too about the Met officer and also a woman (on suspicion of assisting an offender). But Clapham Common to Brixton is quite a walk - I wouldn't attempt it in daylight, tho' I don't believe it was terribly late. Awful story. Last I read she had not been found, though a white bobble hat like hers was found in some bushes.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Apparently he is a 48-year-old,married, father of two (Wayne Couzens) and a diplomatic protection officer. They are digging up his garden and have taken his car for examination. Of course, he may be cleared, but very odd for the police to treat one of their own like this for no reason. I don't think things are looking good for this poor girl.

7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

No, not looking good sadly :(
    I have been following the story.

8. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Very sad indeed. She was last seen at 9,30 at night.

9. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

I've just been reading about this story, what's scary is it could happen to anyone at any time. Makes you think twice about venturing out doesn't it.

I hope she's found soon.

10. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Lurcherlad likes this.
  11. I agree. :(

12. willa

willa PetForums VIP

What sad news tonight Unimaginable the pain her family will be going through.

The whole thing is terrifying . I live alone in london and it’s made me nervous of even going for a walk in the daytime now

13. Douglas’ Dad

Douglas’ Dad PetForums Senior

When I was younger I remember being taught by my parents how to walk on the streets in such a way that I don’t cause anxiety to others eg women walking alone in the evening. Don’t wear soft soles (so you are heard), cross the road and walk in front of others so they can see you from a safe distance.

lorilu, kimthecat, rona and 1 other person like this.
  14. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

What I read, is he likely used his warrant card and some pretext, maybe lockdown to lure her closer to the car. With his job he is allowed to carry a weapon.
    It wasn't daylight when his actions may have been more visible to others and more people outside.

I tend to cross streets, fall behind etc if I feel uncomfortable.
    If I hear footsteps and it is night and not many people out, I tend to move off side or fall back to see who is behind me. Sometimes it is another female but it is better to know who is behind you especially at night. If a male, I move so they pass and I am not in front.
    Even in daylight you need to be careful. I recall a school girl a few years ago in London who did cross the road when she thought she was being followed but the guy grabbed her and pulled her off the street and attacked her.

Best you can do is be aware and alert but it does not always help.

LinznMilly and kimthecat like this.
  15. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Incredibly sad news.

I wonder how they made the jump from a disappearance in London to an arrest and search in Kent.

There must be things they know that haven't been publicised.

Poor girl if it's her :(

lorilu likes this.
  16. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

The man they think abducted her lives in or is originally from that area in Kent. It was not fully clear to me.
    His hired car was caught on a dash cam of another car in the area Sarah was believed abducted in London.

17. Lucy2020

Lucy2020 PetForums Member

Yes, it can. I was nearly abducted a couple of years ago on a sunny afternoon on my way back from the doctors. I don't leave the house alone anymore, but if I did I'd use one of the GPS tracking apps you can get that show others you give the link to your location.

18. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Ah, ok. I hadn't read that bit about the car. Thanks.

Summercat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice