Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sam just did the weirdest thing.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beth17, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Sam has just completely stumped us with this behaviour our best guess is he had a bad dream.

He was fast asleep on his bed downstairs when he suddenly bolted upright and legged it upstairs turned around and then charged back downstairs and sat huddled in the corner. He looked really confused and terrified throughout this with his tail between his legs and seemed unsure about anyone coming near him for a couple of minutes. He settled back down now and gone back to sleep but he was not himself for a few minutes.

As he's deaf I know it wasn't fireworks that spooked him and nothing else has changed. How strange :confused:

2. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Awww poor Sam :confused:

3. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

How weird. Poor boy.

4. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

My old collie used to wake up from dreams sometimes growling and barking as if the world was ending then would stop and look very confused. Similar thing maybe? We just put it down to bad dreams.

I hope he's ok. :(

5. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I know bless him. One of the many mysteries of dog ownership I suppose.

6. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Yeah that's what we've put it down to. He fast asleep again now :)

7. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Humans do funny things like that too. Many many years ago I was sleeping in a friends tent in her garden. At about 4 in the morning I was awake, and suddenly my friend sat bolt upright and yelled out at the top of her voice 'Wacky Races, Wacky Races!' She then lay down and went back to sleep. I was left thinking, what the hell was that about? She didn't remember a thing in the morning, nor what she had been dreaming about! :D

8. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I used to love Wacky Races :lol:

9. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I thought I was showing my age when I posted that. But as you are too I don't mind! :D. Great, wasn't it?

10. Leam1307

Leam1307 PetForums Senior

I think it must be dreams, have you seen the clip on you tube with the dreaming dog? its legs twitch like mad as if its chasing something then jumps up and bangs into the wall as it doesnt seem to realise what happened.

Has your dog done this before?

11. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Yeah he's done the usual dreaming things thankfully never jumped into a wall though :eek:

BessieDog they certainly don't make them like that anymore :D

12. Tarnus

Tarnus PetForums VIP

It definitely wasn't a firework? He may be deaf but if a big one went off nearby he'd feel it exploding, and when there isn't a sound to go with it for him then the shock could've panicked him?

13. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

Definitely possible now you mention it although I don't remember one but I was doing work at the time so it's very possible I blanked it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice