UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can anyoe recomend a dental poduct to help sally our 12 year old cairn terrier who has bad teeth and breath been back and forward to the vets to get clened and had had 4 teeht out and she will absoltley not tolerate getting her teeth brussed any ideas what we can try for her.

·
Registered
837 Posts
can anyoe recomend a dental poduct to help sally our 12 year old cairn terrier who has bad teeth and breath been back and forward to the vets to get clened and had had 4 teeht out and she will absoltley not tolerate getting her teeth brussed any ideas what we can try for her.
Raw bones - fantastic teeth cleaner, strengthens gums and is 1000% natural! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure her teth are strong enough to have that but it is another ting to try do you think we should try her with a pis ear t try as she isedto love them to see how she gets on, do you know anyhthing to remove plauque from her teeth.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Pigs ears are ok but not as good as raw bones - could try her on chicken wings ? Easy to chew ? With regards to plaque, that'll come off with the bone chewing - alternatively there is a product called "plaque off" which sprinkles on the food and will loosen plaque. What food is she on ? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she is on iams foor for steraised overweight dogs and she has half a tub of cesar mixed in as her and our other dog rascal see my other post"b can anyone help poor rascal" they are both fussy eaters rascal simpl will not eat home coocked food hes such a funny boy so we got this food to try.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
My teeny, tiny dog manages chicken and duck wings, takes him a while but he really is very small.
His canine teeth have come up beautifully (the back ones have always been clean).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wed hve to splitour dogs upas they would fight something awful over a bone which wouldmea shutting fff tro rooms nd having to sit with thm as our youngest hasvery bad sepration anxiety

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I use a combination of Plague off sprinkled on their dry food and weekly raw chicken carcus, wins or drumsticks.
My Bichon has very few teeth and she manages the raw chicken very well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think we are going to try plauque off as we are a bit wary of feeding raw bones because if the fight it would cause between our dogs because they would want each others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.